Wot do u think u will get for ur UAI (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I think I need to write in giant red letters on the LazSeeker page "THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT USE RAW MARKS!".

It'll give you a reasonably accurate UAI if you enter reasonably accurate marks, but raw trial marks are very different to aligned HSC marks.

Although I suppose under-estimating is better than over-estimating.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I agree, you should do so... when I put my scaled trial marks in I'm geting stuff that's a bit unexpected, which I know isn't true.

LAZSEEKER DOES NOT USE RAW MARKS

:spam:

Sarah J

HSC
hmm.... realistically? I'd love something in the 70s-80s. I don't want to think above that because I hate setting myself up for disappointment. I'll probably end up with a mark in the 30s though knowing my luck :D . lol.

aLaNa

i am soooooo jealous of like everyone...... :( I will be soooooo rapt with anything above 80!! I couldnt even imagine anything ova 85/90 OMG...if SOMEHOW i happened to get 90 i would (LITERALLY!!!) die of shock. You guys are so lucky that can be aiming so high, but i guess you's must put in all the effort and work to do so well....so good luck to ya's!!! ;)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
anything over 70 would be AMAZING! any thing over 80 would be WRONG! lol nah im looking at about 65! tryna be realistic, ill prolly end up coming back and posting my UAI as somethng more along the lines of 50

B

Bambul

How well did some of the alumni HSC students actually go in terms of UAI? Lazarus for example...
I got 97.45, which I guess means I beat Lazarus by 0.1. :cool:

My estimated UAI was 97.3 so it came in pretty close. I was expecting something between 96-98 (and if I got really lucky, 99+).

It was my maths mark that did it (97/100 for 3unit, 95/100 for 4unit). But I went to Ruse so I still consider myself below average. :D

Sourie

i duno....i probly will get close to the best for most of my subjects since at school im like coming in th etop third for everything...like not just every subject but nearly all of them and also for one subject im coming 3rd which is art and people said unis like people who are good at art so yeh...im hoping ot get at least 98 - 99.??

Jellymonsta

Being in the top third of your grade doesnt guarantee a high UAI.
I am dux at my school (first in 6 of 7 classes), and i would be surprised if i got more than 95. Though it is a small (and shitty) school. But top of your school grade does not indicate you will get top of the cohort.
not to say you cant get it, its just a big expectation. alot can go wrong in exams :(

dude i go to a good school where 50% of the year get uai above 90...

I came 1st, 2nd, 3rd in ipt, sdd, english and 10th out of 40 in maths adv and 10th out of 30 in maths extension and 10th of 40 in chem... and my UAI prediction is 92..

so coming 1/3rd doesn't really gurantee u 90+ ..more like 70-80 for a normal school..

if you can get 80s in every single exam then u might get 90....

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Mona
Do we need all our marks in 90's to get a Uai above 90???
No, definitely not! The UAI is a rank, not an average of your marks.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bambul

I got 97.45, which I guess means I beat Lazarus by 0.1. :cool:

My estimated UAI was 97.3 so it came in pretty close. I was expecting something between 96-98 (and if I got really lucky, 99+).

It was my maths mark that did it (97/100 for 3unit, 95/100 for 4unit). But I went to Ruse so I still consider myself below average. :D
Ruse eh?
u must kno Lit Hau Tan then...i read b4 he got band 6 in something like 20 units last yr

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I did philosophy with Lit Hau... smart guy. =P

He was on the merit list for:
Chemistry
Economics
English (Advanced)
English Extension 1
English Extension 2
Mathematics Extension 1
Mathematics Extension 2
Physics
Cosmology Distinction Course

Guess he didn't make it on for philosophy. I think he was the only student doing 18 units. :p

GJ_JOE

blood brother
*hoping* *hoping* for atleast 80
although its possible, i don't think i've put enough effort into school to get that...so realistically 75-ish

Shocker_85

Originally posted by Lazarus
No, definitely not! The UAI is a rank, not an average of your marks.
Our school's curriculm principal told us that we should be in the first three ranks in every subject to get a good UAI becoz at my school there has not been much competition in the previous years.
So, how does our school ranks affect our UAI?
Thanks,

B

Bambul

I think he was the only student doing 18 units. :p
Correction: 20. That was in year 12, he did 25 in total (2u computing in year 10 and 3u agriculture in year 11).

I did 15 in year 12, plus 2u ag in year 11.

Lit Hau is smart, hard worker, but not the sort of person I like to hang around. He got a UAI of 100 and had enough "spare units" hanging around to possibly even get another 100! :D

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Mona
Our school's curriculm principal told us that we should be in the first three ranks in every subject to get a good UAI becoz at my school there has not been much competition in the previous years.
So, how does our school ranks affect our UAI?
They will only affect your moderated assessment mark. There's a document in the UAI/scaling section on our site which outlines how assessment marks are moderated.

Spike

Lit Hau is smart, hard worker, but not the sort of person I like to hang around. He got a UAI of 100 and had enough "spare units" hanging around to possibly even get another 100!

I ALMOT HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN I READ THAT...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)