Wot do u think u will get for ur UAI (1 Viewer)

KhaLien

Originally posted by Bambul

Correction: 20. That was in year 12, he did 25 in total (2u computing in year 10 and 3u agriculture in year 11).
Man... that makes me feel kinda bad about only doing 9 units in year 12...:shy:
(I did 2u IPT and 2u ITvet in year 11)

As for UAI - if I get 70+ then I will scream the house down...! Realistically 50-60... I've been quite lazy this year :uhoh:

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Spike

I ALMOT HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN I READ THAT...
well, I'm simply amazed
he handled 20 units in Year 12 and managed to Band 6 all of it except for Philosophy/cosmology whichever, and this shows his sheer genius-ness

Bambul, do u kno wat degree he's currently doing?

B

Bambul

He didn't get Band 6 in Philosophy plus Chinese. So that's 4 units, not 2. =P

He's currently doing Commerce/Law @ UNSW. Plus I think he's doing Arts (majoring in French) via correspondence. I'm not sure about the Arts bit though, but he is doing a French in some way. Apparently he wants to work for the UN and needs to know 2 UN languages (English is one, so he needs one of French, German, Spanish, etc).

I see him every now and then around uni.

also shows

his stupidity in doing 20 units..

I wouldve spend my time doing something more meaningful..

like partying :))

but really..i wouldve done something else..
like do hsc early and getin to uni early, finish early...

I would rather spend more time at uni doing more advanced and reallistic studies than do unreallistic courses setby BOs

anomaly

Hey.. I was just wondering.. how much does school rankings count towards your final UAI?

NATMAN

I'm also wondering....

To get a uai of 90-95, do you need to get 90% in all of ur hsc subjects? 90% scaled or raw?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by anomaly
Hey.. I was just wondering.. how much does school rankings count towards your final UAI?
School rankings are very important in determining your moderated assessment mark. These moderated assessment marks constitute 50% of your UAI.

Originally posted by NATMAN
To get a uai of 90-95, do you need to get 90% in all of ur hsc subjects? 90% scaled or raw?
Certainly not. The UAI is a rank, not a mark. You can approximate what your UAI would have been had you sat the HSC last year by accessing the LazSeeker program from the front page of this website. Note that it only takes HSC marks, which are the average of your aligned exam mark and your moderated assessment mark (neither of which are raw marks).

macca202

by accessing the LazSeeker program from the front page of this website
hey Lazarus, or any other informed psn,

You know how last year 4U candidates for ext1 (maths) got scaled heaps better than 3U candidatesfor ext1, is that gona change? will they be scaled as the one group? because if they are scaled as a group then the scaling would be like the average of the two differnt figures from Lazseek

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
They won't be scaled as a single group, but the raw mark of a 4u student on the 3u paper will end up as the same scaled mark as the raw mark of a 3u student on the 3u paper.

Had it been done correctly last year, the 4u students would have received the Ext1 (3UA) scaling for their 3u component.

chait

Originally posted by Lazarus
They won't be scaled as a single group, but the raw mark of a 4u student on the 3u paper will end up as the same scaled mark as the raw mark of a 3u student on the 3u paper.

Had it been done correctly last year, the 4u students would have received the Ext1 (3UA) scaling for their 3u component.
for maths, do 2u and 3u get scaled together (i'm a 2u student). so will my rank including the 3u ppl count, or just the ranking w/in 2u..

thx:)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
2u and 3u students are scaled as a single group for the 2u paper. Your ranking will include the 3u students who are taking the 2u course.

chait

Originally posted by Lazarus
2u and 3u students are scaled as a single group for the 2u paper. Your ranking will include the 3u students who are taking the 2u course.
ohh... :( crap.. that's no good for me...

HSC
Originally posted by RageAgainstBOS
probably 90-95 depending on my english score and how far into band 6 i get in phys,chem,bio and i dont fuk up maths..eng is the killer for me...

be nice to get 96 cause with the "extra" 5 points i sorta get cause i attend a shit rural redneck school i could go round saying i got a uai of 101!
well just for anyone who cares in the slightest my uai was 95.00

good guess huh?

actually i fucked bio and did eng and maths real well........for me anyway......but didnt get into band 6 at all!!!!!

bit pissed at that esp since i got 89 in phys and 89 in maths and 86 in eng and chem.....such is life

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by MinAi
With good estimation based on my current ranks, and how confident I am with subjects..and generally how well my school does, I should get 94 (well...last yr, based on lazseeker)
but it depends if the questions in all my exams suit me...like, that wont get a shock and think "wtf" in an exam
lol
I ended up with 95
1 off

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

lol
I ended up with 95
1 off
you are lucky u ended up one uai point above your estimation, I ended up with one below my estimation.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah well,
at least u guys got into what u wanted, and thats all that the UAI is useful for

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ah well,
at least u guys got into what u wanted, and thats all that the UAI is useful for
that is so true ... because i know people who didnt achieve a high enough uai for there first few preferences ... and they may have to spend a year getting into uni and the course they want ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)