would this be a good uai? (1 Viewer)

andy69

HSC
firstly i dont really consider myself an intelligent just a person who works hard with no natural intelligence. The subjects im currently doing are 2 unit maths,english standerd,geography, business studies,legal studies and ipt. i wanna be reasonable here and say that it will probably be difficult for me to achieve over 80, my aim is about in the 70-75 uai would that be a good score?

clissold

HSC
firstly i dont really consider myself an intelligent just a person who works hard with no natural intelligence. The subjects im currently doing are 2 unit maths,english standerd,geography, business studies,legal studies and ipt. i wanna be reasonable here and say that it will probably be difficult for me to achieve over 80, my aim is about in the 70-75 uai would that be a good score?
Two Things..

Firstly, it is now called the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) not the Universities Admission Index (UAI)

Secondly, it depends on what you want to do once you leave school

andy69

HSC
Two Things..

Firstly, it is now called the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) not the Universities Admission Index (UAI)

Secondly, it depends on what you want to do once you leave school
lol i always get mixed up with the 2 words,just say i got a atar of 75 would i be able to get into a course of accounting

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
There are five ways to become an accountant... That's what the careers lady at my school says...
But yeah, with people like you doing accounting there's no wonder everyone hates banks...

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
bit in bold was uncalled for

There are five ways to become an accountant... That's what the careers lady at my school says...
But yeah, with people like you doing accounting there's no wonder everyone hates banks...
uncalled for as well

anyways at OP the term "good" is really opinion based.

Some people say 80 is good, some say 90 and some say 99.

Someone from BoS here a couple of years ago said my UAI(still UAI at the time) goal was shit and I was aiming for 95. Now many people say that is good yet someone thinks it is crap.

I believe that as long as you can get the required ATAR to get into your course then that is a good ATAR.

regarding entrance, i doubt u will get into UTS accoutnign as it is scholarship based and it might be hrd with your ATAR aim. You could always try getting a TAFE accounting degree if you dont get in to any uni then trasnfer to a uni or something

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
so you're doing "standerd english", good subject choice there

yeah id say you can expect around 70-75 lol based on all your subjects and you apparently being unintelligent

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah.. you do know there is a difference between bankers and accountants right?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
People hate banks because they are retarded

Just like you

twistedrebel

HSC
so you're doing "standerd english", good subject choice there

yeah id say you can expect around 70-75 lol based on all your subjects and you apparently being unintelligent
std english aint that bad as people make it out to be. I know plenty who do get fine ATAR's doing it.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i wasnt being sarcastic when i said it was a good subject choice for the OP

also OP, you can probably do better than 75 if you put in effort. depends on how shit your school is

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Wollongong does accounting for 70's, MQ does accounting for 80's. As long as you but some effort in throughout the whole year you'll be fine.

and don't worry about what others think of your atar, it doesn't matter.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Wollongong does accounting for 70's, MQ does accounting for 80's. As long as you but some effort in throughout the whole year you'll be fine.

and don't worry about what others think of your atar, it doesn't matter.
+ 1 no one cares about ATAR anymore once they start uni. Sometimes even earlier.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
It's amazing how nearly every post here contains a hint of arrogance. Why not stick to simply HELPING the OP?

@OP: As Trans4M suggested, 'opinion' is subjective. If you believe 70-75 is ample to allow for admission in the course of your choice, then, voila! So be it. Remember, the ATAR is merely used for entrance into Uni (and other platforms), and is not a tag you flaunt for life.

I'm sure that you may in fact meet the entry requirements for certain Universities. That though, is for you to discover completely. Look through the UAC website/handbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)