Would you consider doing homework, studying? (1 Viewer)

xPhenoms

HSC
I know i would, Homework is mostly revision and studying is mostly revising what you have learned (at least that's what it is more me anyway) i have been back a couple of days and i already have done 3 hours of homework today which was a killer haha

Anyway, what do you guys think?:lol::lol:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I personally consider doing homework a form of studying. As it mainly consists of going over previous content and in some cases, learning new content which is usually all relevant to the syllabus.

I personally tried to split my afternoons into 3 hours of homework and 2.5 hours of revision and notes before i slept, but that's because i went really intense at one point haha

xPhenoms

HSC
Yeah i feel the same way, i was doing 3 solid hours of homework tonight which was set out by my Ancient History teacher and i actually learned a lot of stuff i previously didn't know before doing what he said out, they were basically double sided sheets with about 20 question where would have to refer to sources and kind of make mini summaries, so yeah i would count homework as a good form of studying an exercise, just a lot of people tend to disagree that's all

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Yeah i feel the same way, i was doing 3 solid hours of homework tonight which was set out by my Ancient History teacher and i actually learned a lot of stuff i previously didn't know before doing what he said out, they were basically double sided sheets with about 20 question where would have to refer to sources and kind of make mini summaries, so yeah i would count homework as a good form of studying an exercise, just a lot of people tend to disagree that's all
However it is also important to go over what you have learned from that homework at a later date, or i wouldn't really count it as productive study. But it's study never the less. It helps you build "exam technique" in a sense and helps you learn/re-enforce content

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Yes homework is revision, but don't get caught up with how many hours of study you do each day. Quality not quantity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)