Would you do it again? (1 Viewer)

Would you do English Extension 2 again?

• hell yeah - it was awesome/great/excellent/etc

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • yeah.. it was alright

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • uh.... maybe

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • ARE YOU SERIOUS.. NO F*CKING WAY, THE SUBJECT CAN DIE AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED!

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
So if you had your time over, would you do Extension 2 again?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Sure would.

For all the hard work involved, Extension 2 has been my favourite subject, at least for this year. (It didn't really exist at my school last year, seeing we met for maybe 15 minutes over the whole term about it... I'm still bitter about that, but the guy responsible for that neglect left, presumably to terrorise the unfortunate students of another school..)

But yeah, I've enjoyed it, and it's really benefited my essay-writing in other subjects.. Which incidentally was a point in my RS.

Note:please don't quote the above in 'Scared Standard'. Thank you.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
i know what you mean, term four last year was such a waste, the "teacher" we had (relieving head teacher of english) was like "i can't believe you want to do this, you're all crazy". luckily we got a great teacher for the other 3 terms. i saw the other teacher yesterday and she said, "i can't wait to read your work, i've heard it's very good" (mmm, no thanks to you!) :p

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah I would.... I hope all my work will pay off, and when you think about it, it's a very flexible subject.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by blah says she
i know what you mean, term four last year was such a waste, the "teacher" we had (relieving head teacher of english) was like "i can't believe you want to do this, you're all crazy". luckily we got a great teacher for the other 3 terms. i saw the other teacher yesterday and she said, "i can't wait to read your work, i've heard it's very good" (mmm, no thanks to you!) :p
Funny that you say that.. I've had a very similar situation.. My Term 4 teacher was evil,(On behalf of Ambarvale High School, my sincere apologies to wherever Mr Callan went.), but my teacher this year has been really good.. So it worked out. :)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
without a doubt, i'd do it all over again. in fact i wish i could, i'm sure i could do much better. extension 2 is the only subject i REALLY enjoyed this year... maybe because i just love writing and ideally i'd like to be a writer (a bit too realistic for that pipe dream though).

Leap

free falling
HSC
I'm not sure, I think when I get my mark back
I'll decide whether it was worth all the stress and trauma

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I hated it too. Choosing Ext2 has been my second biggest regret this year, after something else obviously.

Leap

free falling
HSC
I remember reading a post on the extn 2 board here last year, made by someone in the class of 02, and they said that extension 2 had put them off ever doing any sort of creative course at uni etc, and made them never want to write again.

At the time, I was surprised, and sure that I was passionate about writing, and that would never happen to me.

Now, I completely understand what that person meant.:(

Huy

HSC
N/A
I don't mind the subject, but I was under pressure a few days before the Extension 2 Report had been due, as well as for the Reflection Statement (ammended) and Major Work itself.

I would definately do it again, although I should have completed it earlier in the game :)

lizzy1004

HSC
my work better pay off... da endless long nites.............goddd.... but i say i have learnt so mucch.. i dun regret it

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
i would NEVER do it again.
contriving a major work around a stupid concept to get a gross mark as well as attempting to document my shitness is that process diary has not payed off. i quite possibly will never write creatively again, let alone for a pre-designed purpose. uggh.

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
yeah, id do it again, cause then id actually know what to do (our teacher didnt tell us anything, i found it all out here ;) )
i would create a concept quicker too, if anything. i didnt know we had to do one till about a month ago.
its a subject that you really have to like. its impossible to subject yourself to all the torture of late nights and self-evaluation without liking what you're doing.

hey.. dont worry about it lobster. just make sure you dont leave anything to the last moment, and get as many people as possible to read your work.

Alethia

hitting dead ends
HSC
I'd do it a million times over. In fact, my favourite subjects were ext. 2 and Art -- because you got do what you want and you don't have to memorie a million dot points!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by blah says she
So if you had your time over, would you do Extension 2 again?
GIMME A HELL YEAH!!

no f**ken way i wouldnt

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
the excited-happy-optimistic-YEAH!-ness of those poll results bugs me. i want to create like 100 different names just so i can up the nowayneveragainBADDDDD vote.

never never NEVER again.

Last edited:

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
you know it's kind of strange, i would've expected more votes for the "no" or "maybe". i still actually haven't voted myself lol i'll get round to it, i can't decide though, mixed emotions

malayz_angel

I definitely would. I loved my concept and my story and the only problem was my procrastination, which resulted in a major work completed in one night and one day, a terrible reflection statement and an unfinished--hmmm...barely filled--journal. I would do it again with the same story and concept, but this time actually use the time we had!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)