would you get involved with someone, knowing they had a mental condition (1 Viewer)

JB10

HSC
No, because all she'll do is use it as an excuse for cheating on you.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
to answer your original question, yes and i am pretty sure it didnt adversely affect the relationship

wendaYYY

no pain no gain
HSC
My partner was clinically diagnosed with bipolar. Like, he needed extensive counselling and medication.

And then I broke off all communication with him, because I was a selfish uncaring person, who used to wallow in depression a few years ago.

Seeing him reminded me of it.

It was a very harsh and terse goodbye on the phone lol.

fliick

HSC
N/A
I would, and have. It's been interesting.

But I wouldn't do Borderline Personality Disorder again. Imo Daddy issues are fucked long term.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i am attracted to unstable women with baggage, it's sort of a hobby of mine, to fix them, so when they're better they can leave me and find someone better looking because now they have self esteem.

that's how i work the ladies

many-eyeshere

HSC
i am attracted to unstable women with baggage, it's sort of a hobby of mine, to fix them, so when they're better they can leave me and find someone better looking because now they have self esteem.

that's how i work the ladies

Bahaha. You poor guy:(.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
depends on how mental
if killer style, then no
if depressed, then yes.

many-eyeshere

HSC
Usually it's hard to discern if someone has a mental condition, it's not something they like to flaunt around until they are certain they have gained your trust.

Bi-polar generally I wouldn't get involved with, just because of bi-polar people I've known in the past and how illogical and discontented they are ALL THE TIME. Plus they're general tendency to be extremely bitchy.

Depression or major depression can work. They'll actually probably love you and be more faithful because that you take the time with them knowing they've got baggage. But you need to be honest with them. Once they tell you something about themselves and you can't deal with it, don't pretend to be okay with it. You'll upset them and yourself more than needed. Just get out and remain friends. It'll hurt them but they won't get as hurt as they would eventually down the track.

Eating disorders are easier to deal with, because it's almost purely body issues they have, not mental ones. I don't know about getting involved, I guess if you would support them and prove to them weight isn't everything.

There's my two pennies.

And yes, I still consider pennies an adequate Australian currency =p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)