Would you perform better typing answers? (1 Viewer)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
1.BOS would have some specially made word-processing program with no alt + tab/spellchecker
2. Time limit would have to be reduced at least 50%

I totally fail if i'm not using the keyboard on my comp though, i have to actually look at the keyboard sometimes :/
ye but i'm sure pro comp ppl might be able to screw around with it unless they gave everyone a laptop to use for the exam or something (wtf).

too much effort.

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
1.BOS would have some specially made word-processing program with no alt + tab/spellchecker

I totally fail if i'm not using the keyboard on my comp though, i have to actually look at the keyboard sometimes :/
The guy at our school who types (purely due to messy handwriting) gets the same time as us.. unfair or what?!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think anyone should be typing unless they have some physical condition. They should never be able to type under any circumstances - they should get a scribe and live with the handwriting speed of the scribe considering that they can't write at all.

artosis

HSC

50% reduction in time? Dude some people type slower than they write. Eg poor people who dont get much exposure to computers.
even if little kids get access to laptops, it really is unfair to those who cant type fast. Although this wouldnt affect me since i can touch type, some kids will be really disadvantaged. Or should i say those who type insanely fast will have a major advantage.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
I don't think anyone should be typing unless they have some physical condition. They should never be able to type under any circumstances - they should get a scribe and live with the handwriting speed of the scribe considering that they can't write at all.
yeah but what happens if you have a speech impediment or social phobia and cant talk to a writer?

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
I still can't believe we have to physically write essays for exam. It's f**kin stupid
Think about what the English exam would be like with 70,000 students all being on a secure website at the same time. Every student in every school must have fast access, there couldn't be any waiting time for the next question, every essay must be constantly saved to not lose it. Anyone who's ever tried to access Ticketek on a busy day knows what probs there can be. All this stuff has to be sorted b4 we can have computer exams.

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
No internet access = no web

Microsoft office have options where you can choose how often your document gets saved automatically.

I think it is just the costs involved they are involving. They will need to provide a computer for each student that is doing HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)