writing help :/ (1 Viewer)

fishy89sg

HSC
the "writing" problem i have with business (and eco!!) is that i write and write and write then i get to a point where i have nothing else i can right. how can i improve this?

samuel slack

HSC
Just figuring it out, I give myself roughly around an hour for each. I never realised I gave myself so much time. Maybe thats why in my trials I got almost full marks for the last 2 sections, and ended up losing about 10% of my marks in short answer. I need to do some practice papers to get my technique sorted. This thread has really made me think. In a good way.

williamc

HSC
fishy89sg said:
the "writing" problem i have with business (and eco!!) is that i write and write and write then i get to a point where i have nothing else i can right. how can i improve this?
Know everything in the course in depth. Then start linking the shit out of it. Draw diagrams, and explain in the depth the diagrams and how it explains and helps your essay. Use statistics to add creditibility to your essay.

Last edited:

fishy89sg

HSC
samuel slack said:
Just figuring it out, I give myself roughly around an hour for each. I never realised I gave myself so much time. Maybe thats why in my trials I got almost full marks for the last 2 sections, and ended up losing about 10% of my marks in short answer. I need to do some practice papers to get my technique sorted. This thread has really made me think. In a good way.
np :)

samuel slack

HSC
williamc said:
Know everything in the course in depth. Then start linking the shit out of it. Draw diagrams, and explain in the depth the diagrams and how it explains and helps your essay.
I dont do that for the essay, I just make sure I have a helluva lot of case studies, and so, for every point I make I say, as is shown in the case of rah rah rah... But in the report I use a huge amount of diagrams/swot analyses etc. Makes it look longer, and explains the points you make very well if you do it right.

fishy89sg

HSC
i really need to start studying for economics

i studied for 4 hours throughout the whole year

(cause it was my 11th and 12th units)

williamc

HSC
samuel slack said:
I dont do that for the essay, I just make sure I have a helluva lot of case studies, and so, for every point I make I say, as is shown in the case of rah rah rah... But in the report I use a huge amount of diagrams/swot analyses etc. Makes it look longer, and explains the points you make very well if you do it right.
Diagrams more important in eco. Yer, alot of case study info for buso, even if you make up a business, its not like they are going to know.

Not meant to do a "SWOT" anyslisis unless you the question askes for a marketing plan, in which you would do it under the "situational analysis.

Edit: Some people tape rubbers to their pens to strengthen the msucles in their hands. Prob too late now though.

Last edited:

fishy89sg

HSC
williamc said:
Diagrams more important in eco. Yer, alot of case study info for buso, even if you make up a business, its not like they are going to know.
are u doin a real or fake case stdy for the hsc?

samuel slack

HSC
I have real ones for every point in the syllabus (my teacher made sure we did this...smartest thing ever) but if its necessary I'll make one up...

fishy89sg

HSC
samuel slack said:
I have real ones for every point in the syllabus (my teacher made sure we did this...smartest thing ever) but if its necessary I'll make one up...
oh dear god... im screwed :bomb::bomb:

samuel slack

HSC
It doesn't take much. Billabong covers Marketing... Macdonald's, Billabong and a couple of others which I need to learn have global covered... I've got heaps of different case studies for employment relations and management and change and finances can be linked back to anything, as long as you can remember some numbers for all of them.

fishy89sg

HSC
williamc said:
Fake for sure. and chuck in a few real ones when it links.

i did a fake one for the trials and i got 18/20..... but i duno im scared

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
williamc said:
Edit: Some people tape rubbers to their pens to strengthen the msucles in their hands. Prob too late now though.
Theory behind that is when you take the rubbers away from your pen, you should be able to write faster as there is less weight.
Point is, it doesn't work.

My friends have tapped chuppa chup lollies and toy cars to their pens. Still writing the same length as beforehand.

williamc

HSC
fishy89sg said:
i did a fake one for the trials and i got 18/20..... but i duno im scared
My teacher TOLD me to use a fake one. You are demonstrating the ability to apply business concepts to the real world. Shows you understand the concepts. make one up mang.

williamc

HSC
jayadore said:
Theory behind that is when you take the rubbers away from your pen, you should be able to write faster as there is less weight.
Point is, it doesn't work.

My friends have tapped chuppa chup lollies and toy cars to their pens. Still writing the same length as beforehand.
Not to mention youd look like a dickhead.

samuel slack

HSC
Practice would be my suggestion to write quicker, as well as knowing your stuff inside out. I dont think theres a "trick" method of writing quicker.

fishy89sg

HSC
williamc said:
My teacher TOLD me to use a fake one. You are demonstrating the ability to apply business concepts to the real world. Shows you understand the concepts. make one up mang.
ok ok

for my trials the Q was like provide reasons for global expansion

i said stuff like cushioning eco cycle - (explained the meaning) then i said (my fake case study) took advantage of its asian booming market when its european market was going through a downturn

is that ok?

samuel slack

HSC
williamc said:
Fair enough. I can live with that. I'll go into that exam ready to apply business concepts to the real world. If my real case studies fail me. lol.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
samuel slack said:
Practice would be my suggestion to write quicker, as well as knowing your stuff inside out. I dont think theres a "trick" method of writing quicker.
Break your writing arm and request a notebook? I'm pretty sure I can type faster than I write.

Aside from that, practice is the key unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)