Writing into Dot Point books? (1 Viewer)

lisarh

HSC
I have a Chemistry Dot Point and my teacher makes me mark my answers. She sets a date for certain sections to be dued. Sometimes, well most of the time I copy the answers so AT THE MOMENT I don't find them very useful.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lisarh said:
I have a Chemistry Dot Point and my teacher makes me mark my answers. She sets a date for certain sections to be dued. Sometimes, well most of the time I copy the answers so AT THE MOMENT I don't find them very useful.
I'd actually think that they were very useful. Writing your own dotpoints out ensures that you actually memorise the content.

selablad

HSC
Aerath said:
I'd actually think that they were very useful. Writing your own dotpoints out ensures that you actually memorise the content.
Yeah, but if you are doing it because a teacher is making you, then you don't really bother doing it properly, and you treat it as "just another thing the teacher wants me to waste my time on" rather than legitimate study in itself, so you just go copy the answers and do it as fast as possible? That's what I tend to do anyway...

I write into, well, our equivalent of Dot Point books, even though my sister could probably use them, because generally teachers make us show them the work. I do my own notes and studying separately though...I don't use those books as my main studying, I just use them because teachers make us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)