• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Writing PD notes but confused..? Helpp (1 Viewer)

sannous1

HSC
Well im writing my PD notes for the first core. I have alot of questions

Well firstly , the first focus question, where it has identifying priority areas , do we talk about social justice principles and the rest, jst like what they are?, cause ive looked at a couple of notes on bos, sum dnt even rite it in, and others jst talk about it briefly wat it is, and also the quesions right, are we suppossed to rite notes on those?

ok secondly the 2nd focus question, the priotiry areas for action, do we only choose cancer ,cvd and another 2 , and jst talk about the nature of problem and the rest , jst for the for cancer, cvd and the other 2? cause ive lookd through others notes, and theyve spokn about all of the 7 priority areas for action.
Ok and wat the hell is the AIHW report? i think i found it, but im confusd

anyways if any1 can help me , i would realli appreciate it, im jst realli confusd atm , lik i noe wat im doing, but then i look at other peoples notes and it stuffs me up.

petite chimiste

HSC
Well, my school is doing core 2 first, so I can't really help you,
but just follow the syllabus? The focus questions are a bit vague, so just bascially use all the syllabus points and write about everything in there. It also couldn't hurt to make extra notes (on social justice) much better to do so than not, and then later find that you needed them. Sorry I couldn't help more, but if you're willing to wait another term...:p

Crashy19

HSC
How are the Priority Areas for Australia's Health Identified?
measuring health status
- you talk about the role of epidemiology and how it is measured (morbidity, mortality, infant mortality, life expectancy). Maybe add in the trends and how they are changing with time and how epidemiology allows us to identify these changes. (This links to the next part)
-how the data is used and how it helps ie. govenrment agencies (RTA), international organisations (World Health), non-gov orgs (Cancer Council)
health status of aust's
-current trends of the factors epidemiology studies and how they are changing. changes could be relevant to increased education, lifestyle factors, technology etc
-groups experiencing inequalities (i am a visual person and had all of these groups and factors on one sheet. if you would like it, and i can find it from my brother's stuff just message me). these things would be life education, socio economic status, location...
identifying national priority areas
-this is where the social justice principles come in. the past bits have been about why they are implemented. this is the how part. include social justice principle, priority population groups, costs to individuals and community (think of stress, loss of income from inability to continue work in some cases, side effects to medication as well as costs of treatment), prevalence of the condition and the potential for change.

What are the priority areas for improving aust health?
yes. you choose CVD and Cancer, and two others. i did this one in a table which allowed me to see the similarities and differences between the diseases. this helps to link them together and highlight the amount of people they affect- thus making them priority areas. Good for long answer questions

kuytbird

HSC
Preety much what crashy said.
Just to reaffirm, for the priority areas, you have to do CVD and Cancer, then choose 2 of your own. I'd reccommend injury and Diabetes, but it's up to you. You then have to get the nature, extent, risk factors, social determinants and groups at risk for each.
Best of luck .

dance_and_shout

HSC
yeh i'm confused to.... i'm up to the dot point about major health promotion initiatives.

in the corresponding 'learn to' dot point its got ottawa, jakarta, AIHW, and community initiatives.

What am i meant to be knowing about AIHW other than that its Australian Institute for health and welfare, and it conducts national reports of australia's health??

I'm using a summary text book, which has gone into all this detail about each national report, but on HSC online it doesnt mention it at all??
I dont think we did it in class in much detail either...

so basically, how much do I need to know about that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)