writing wrong student number (1 Viewer)

bobbilljack

HSC
say your sitting in the HSC. you forget your student number. so the examner comes and asks you ur name and you tell him Jane Smith. and it just so happens in your grade there is another person with the last name Smith. and that examner gives you her student number.

are you totally screwed?

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Well you are but Jane Smith gets lucky because if you did better than her and they got yuor script with her student number on it then she'll get your good mark.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure they already place the name & the student numbers on the tables prior to entry in alphabetical order. There will be a small piece of paper, the size of a business card, with your name & number on it, like in the SC, I think.

twistedrebel

HSC
remember your student number so you dont screw up? also isnt it written on multiple choice anyways?

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Pretty sure they already place the name & the student numbers on the tables prior to entry in alphabetical order. There will be a small piece of paper, the size of a business card, with your name & number on it, like in the SC, I think.
This is true.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I remember my student number. When all the SC exams finished I took that card with me haha. I guess I was paranoid I wouldn't get the right SC back so I made sure I got the right one LOL. Anyway, yeah just remember it.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
i would be so pissed if i accidentally wrote the wrong number

HSC
Uni Grad
I would be more worried if I told the office lady at uni I gave my $500 deposit to a wrong student number lol.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I would be more worried if I told the office lady at uni I gave my $500 deposit to a wrong student number lol.
That actually happened to a friend of mine, in a similar situation-

The hotel reception gave their $80 deposit (for using the phone, this is in the US) to people in a different room by accident.

not especially relevant, but anyway.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
This.

And if it went missing, they'd check your full name, not just your last. If there were two, they'd use further info.

jirwin

HSC
As someone said, there is a small piece of cardboard (it was bigger then a business card in my year) which has your name, your student number and the centre number so no need to be worried. I would be more worried about missing a number/writing it down incorrectly.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Even if you write it down incorrectly, they'd double check it when they realise you don't have any marks for a particular exam.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Yeah. Pretty much stop stressing and/or dreaming up hypothetical faults in the system because by the middle of exams that student number is going to be burned into the back of your brain anyway... Seriously. Forever.

ac91

HSC
Don't worry. This happens all the time. When they look for the name they will notice as your name's will be right next to each other that there are 2 and will look at the picture that the school has supplied them to ensure who you are.
DO NOT WORRY! They are very careful and will take precaution before the exam in ensuring you both have the right one's.
:D

pman

Banned
HSC
your student no. will be in massive numbers on a A5 piece of paper stuck to your desk

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i dont think my labrador will be able to communicate my student number under test conditions
Then special provisions are the way to go. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)