wrong ranks? (1 Viewer)

HSC
the final rank i got from my school was 9/69 but when i accessed the studentsonline ranks, it was 23/69. what do i do now?

Gummy_bear

HSC
Contact your school principal immediately! I mean, somestimes there is a small change in ranking, but a change that big is definately not good.
Contact your school to tell them and they can either tell you why its like that or contact the board of studies.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I'd say that if its found to be wrong, it would be changed to the correct rank. But follow it up with your school first, then the board if you still have a problem.

nwatts

HSC
**freakstar87** said:
is it still possible to change it back to 9/69 or am i stuck with it even if it might be wrong?
Ask your school, and do it as soon as you can. If there's been an error, you need to get it fixed.

Gummy_bear

HSC
it would be extremely unjust if they left you with that rank if it was wrong. You could sue them! lol!

seriously, call your school, sort it out, if its wrong, they have to change it.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Are you sure that your final rank for your school was 9/69?

Usually the schools are not allowed to disclose the final rankings of students. Students online website does. The rank they normally give to you at the end is your trial exam results.

But yeah, I suggest you follow it up.

HSC
i hope so because all my ranks for my other subjects were the same as the ones on the studentsonline website. i wouldn't be surprised if there was little difference but not this big.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I would contact the school IMMEDIATELY as this would suggest that an incorrect assessment mark has been sent through to the BOS (schools send in the assessment marks not the ranks).

If they say it is correct then sit down with your teacher and check that have the same marks as you for yourself and ask them to check the other students' results as well as the error may be there. Please, from a teacher's point of view, talk to them first - we are human and make mistakes and will correct them (well I certainly will) if they are wrong. Don't go off half-cocked though.

If you still aren't happy you can appeal to the BOS and have them investigate your assessment mark and rank with the rest of your class.

Schools are allowed to tell students their final ranks only when they have finished all their exams according to the Modern History syllabus (which is what I teach). My school issues them with a statement of their ranks in each subject after their final exam if they wish to go and collect it. This year, so far, about 10% have done so!!! It seems that they trust us.

Teachers should NOT be giving you your final assessment mark as this could cause problems when the scaled assessment marks are issued with your results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)