Wrongfully Convicted at 13 for Murder, Is Freed At Age 30 (2 Viewers)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
what would be fair compensation for being locked up for 15years?

I think i would be happy with 10million dollars. Its enough to live off doing nothing in good comfort for the rest of your life, you could buy some real estate and rent it out or whatever you want really, set up a trust fund for your kids.

30 isnt that old that your life is fucked, theres still plenty of time to find a wife and make a career, your life would be pretty much over if it was early 40's though.

I feel a lot of anger with cases like this, sometimes i think that someone should be made accountable and thrown in prison for their mistakes, because essentially this man was abducted and held against his will for 15yrs, whats the legal punishment for that?
should the jury face some sort of penalty? should the judge be inprisoned for making a piss poor judgement?

what about the prosecution, their actions border on criminal negligience considering they had multiple witnesses saying he didnt do it, and another kid came forward yet they didnt persue any other suspects and they didnt investigate properly, they just wanted to hang a goat and they didnt care who it waws

What about the defence? arent they responsible in some way? maybe the defender did not properly do his job, who knows, but its worth looking into.

Why isnt there more accountability to those involved when an innocent man is held against his will for 15 years.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Why don't you donate some money to him if you feel so damn sorry for him?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
No amount of money will get this guys life back.

Other than covering legal expenses and providing enough money each year to have fun with (because he wont be fit to work), then I don't see what millions and millions of dollars will do...

...other than setting up a foundation to support those wrongfully accused through the legal system.
Yeah, i totally agree with this.

akrinis

HSC
what would be fair compensation for being locked up for 15years?

I think i would be happy with 10million dollars. Its enough to live off doing nothing in good comfort for the rest of your life, you could buy some real estate and rent it out or whatever you want really, set up a trust fund for your kids.

30 isnt that old that your life is fucked, theres still plenty of time to find a wife and make a career, your life would be pretty much over if it was early 40's though.

I feel a lot of anger with cases like this, sometimes i think that someone should be made accountable and thrown in prison for their mistakes, because essentially this man was abducted and held against his will for 15yrs, whats the legal punishment for that?
should the jury face some sort of penalty? should the judge be inprisoned for making a piss poor judgement?

what about the prosecution, their actions border on criminal negligience considering they had multiple witnesses saying he didnt do it, and another kid came forward yet they didnt persue any other suspects and they didnt investigate properly, they just wanted to hang a goat and they didnt care who it waws

What about the defence? arent they responsible in some way? maybe the defender did not properly do his job, who knows, but its worth looking into.

Why isnt there more accountability to those involved when an innocent man is held against his will for 15 years.
+1

This case disgusts me. All the prosecutors should be forced to give back the man monetary compensation - after all they fought hard to send an innocent man to jail, why shouldn't they at least give him something back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)