WSU Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

t0234

HSC
N/A
That would depend on the major. There are 9 majors for the Bachelor of Science at WSU.

Maybe also try unis like USyd? I’m not particularly sure about science degrees but I would assume USyd is better for science?
I got into usyd but WSU is closer to me and I want a high gpa for postgrad so I was thinking of going to WSU and majoring in biological sciences

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I got into usyd but WSU is closer to me and I want a high gpa for postgrad so I was thinking of going to WSU and majoring in biological sciences
You can always give WSU a try. If at some point you feel it isn't for you, you can always transfer. Keep in mind that getting a high GPA/WAM needs effort and determination, regardless of the uni.

Personally, I think you will have a positive/enjoyable experience at Western. I'm in my second year (although different degree) and my experience has been positive. I chose WSU over USyd and UNSW mainly because it's closer to me.

t0234

HSC
N/A
You can always give WSU a try. If at some point you feel it isn't for you, you can always transfer. Keep in mind that getting a high GPA/WAM needs effort and determination, regardless of the uni.

Personally, I think you will have a positive/enjoyable experience at Western. I'm in my second year (although different degree) and my experience has been positive. I chose WSU over USyd and UNSW mainly because it's closer to me.
Thank you! :)

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
So I set my top offer as teaching for atar, but I also applied for the same course through early entry. I got into through early entry, and most likely will also get in through atar.
So I’ve already accepted my early entry offer, so would I have to reject my atar offer. I’m worried if I accept both, it might mess up my enrolment in uni? Since I’d have like 2 profiles that accepted the course?
if you got in through early entry, u don't have to put the course again through UAC or wtv

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
What university is this? If accepting your early entry offer will allow you to enrol in the degree for which you received an offer, I don't think you should do anything with your ATAR-based offer (i.e. neither accept nor reject) just to be on the safe side.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea but I’m not too sure how early entry works and stuff since it’s hsc conditional offer, so imma keep my uac course there too just in case
It is worth mentioning that WSU has implemented a new/updated student registration system just a couple of weeks ago so this is probably the best course of action to follow.

Back when I completed my HSC, I received my HSC True Rewards offer on the day my HSC results were released (prior to releasing ATAR's, which was a few hours after the subject results). I also received my ATAR-based offer for the same course about a week later. I ended up enrolling using the early entry offer.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
So after you enrol, does it like tell you the dates and stuff for when to come on campus?
Like I’m a bit confused on how it’s all gonna work, so I get accepted in and get given the date to show up. So then what? Does it tell you the exact building you need to go etc..?
Timetables are released after you enrol in your degree (and subsequently your units for your first semester). WSU uses an online class allocation system called Allocate+ for this:

Your timetable contains the dates and times for your classes such as (where applicable) lectures, tutorials, workshops and seminars. Each class also lists its physical location (if online it will show "Online"), as follows:

1634264955822.png

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah okay, on the actual uni. Is it like school where’s there labels for A block, b block etc.. so I can find the room indicated by the timetable
That should be the case of traditional campuses (such as the Parramatta South campus).

In the case of my campus (Parramatta City), there is only one building due to the fact that it is a vertical campus, which is the same for some of the other campuses, such as the Liverpool City, the Sydney City campus and the upcoming Bankstown City campus.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

Mazar97

HSC
Look for the course guidelines and find the unit/subject codes for first yr, first semester and put the codes in there. Assuming you are going to be doing 4 units, you need to put in 4 different codes. Hope that helps

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
What major(s) are you taking? @Hivaclibtibcharkwa

Qualification for the Bachelor of Science (Pathway to Teaching Primary/Secondary) requires the completion of 240 credit points which includes:
  • 80 credit points of core subjects
  • 80 credit points taken as a Science major
  • 40 credit points taken within the minor Education Studies
  • 40 credit points of elective subjects
In your first semester (assuming you are majoring in Biology), you should pick the following units:
  • NATS 1019 - Scientific Literacy
  • BIOS 1001 - Biodiversity
  • CHEM 1008 - Introductory Chemistry
  • An elective or a unit from the Education Studies minor.
In terms of your program, students must complete at least 60 credit points at Level 3 or above. Depending on the major selected, students may need to select at least 10 credit points of elective study at Level 3 to meet this requirement. If you're not familiar with the concept of credit points, at WSU, each unit (subject) is worth 10 credit points.

An elective can be any subject, although it would be favourable to take elective that are relevant to your area of study.

Regarding the Education Studies minor, you need to complete 4 of the following units:

1638839933098.png

You may be required to take a level 3 unit from the Education Studies minor although you don't have to worry about level 3 units at least until your second year.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
No they didn’t, the call guy literally gave up and told me to email that email you sent
It says this View attachment 34457

Problem is when you click on minors, the education thing isn’t available. So the guy said it has to be technical issue and told me to email them
View attachment 34458
You should email them. The science@westernsydney.edu.au email address will allow you to reach the people who know best about the Bachelor of Science and related programs such as the Bachelor of Science (Pathway to Teaching Primary/Secondary). When I first enrolled I was also a bit confused so I emailed business.courses@westernsydney.edu.au and they ended up sending me the complete recommended scheme for my degree which was very helpful.

Keep in mind that WSU has implemented a new student registration system very recently, so technical issues may occur until the system becomes fully optimised.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
apparently, you need to fill out a Rule Waiver for electives. do i have to choose my electives now or can i just wait till i enter the university?
Essentially, a Rule Waiver is a request to gain approval to register into a unit (which can be any type of unit, such as core, major or elective) where you do not meet the unit's rule(s). Elective units are normally treated the same way as other units, meaning that you will not be required to submit a Rule Waiver, unless:
  • You are attempting to register in a unit whose rules/requirements you have not yet met. Such units typically expand on the knowledge gained in previous units, making completion of said previous units essential (i.e. prerequisite) to be able to register in the subsequent unit.
  • You are trying to register in more than the maximum permitted credit points for a semester. The maximum permitted credit points that you can take on each semester is 40 (i.e. 4 units), although I doubt you are thinking of anything similar to this as of right now.
  • You are trying to register in a unit that is not delivered at your home campus. For example, suppose your home campus is the Campbelltown campus and you wish to study an elective that you are interested in which is delivered at the Parramatta City campus. In such a case, in order to successfully register, you will likely need to submit a Rule Waiver.
  • You are trying to register in a unit after the self-registration period of a semester is over. You should definitely ensure that you are enrolling in all of your intended units in a timely manner.
I hope this helps! :D

A rule waiver? What's that? What uni are you studying at?
A Rule Waiver is WSU's equivalent of USyd's enrolment exception requests. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)