Wtf is wrong with MATH1081 (1 Viewer)

brachester

HSC
So since my lecturer told me that I can still change my tutes, I decided to change it so I wouldn't have another 3 hours gap on Wed. But apparently one of my course (MATH1081 Discrete Mathematics) doesn't show its lecture class options for me to choose so it's currently "pending". I have already enroled my other 3 courses. My guess that it has something to do with the crambridge style tutorials they are implementing but does any know the real reason?

TheStallion

HSC
Wtf are you on about, crambridge style tuts?

The lectures aren't showing because they're full. If you want to get back into the course now you will have to be forced in by the school of maths, or wait for someone to drop out.

You should never have dropped MATH1081 to change tuts, you should have seen the school of maths. Dropping a class that's almost full is dumb.

If you never enrolled/dropped in the first place, this is what happens when you try to enrol in a course so late.

brachester

HSC
Wtf are you on about, crambridge style tuts?

The lectures aren't showing because they're full. If you want to get back into the course now you will have to be forced in by the school of maths, or wait for someone to drop out.

You should never have dropped MATH1081 to change tuts, you should have seen the school of maths. Dropping a class that's almost full is dumb.

If you never enrolled/dropped in the first place, this is what happens when you try to enrol in a course so late.
don't know my lectures told me to do so, i'm going to ask them anyway. Also this new cambridge style-tute is only for advanced math students so you wouldn't know. But shouldn't they still show the option with the status set to "Full" instead of not showing at all? Many of them are shown as 90% full and I doubt the minute I got off the course, some one join in straight away.

TheStallion

HSC
also this new cambridge style-tute is only for advanced math students so you wouldn't know.
Explain then, never heard of it before

But yeah just head to the school of maths, they're all great staff there and they'll sort you out fast

brachester

HSC
Explain then, never heard of it before

But yeah just head to the school of maths, they're all great staff there and they'll sort you out fast
It's a special tute where we are in grouped in small group of 4-5 students. We're going to have tutorial once every 2 weeks with a research mathematician in a supposedly "informal and ralaxed" atmosphere. The marks we get from these tutorial will exempt us from the math module of my SCIF1121. Since the lectures for my math module in SCIF1211 apparently clash with the lectures for MATH1081, i think it prob has something to do with it, like they are still making the timetable for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)