WTF!!! (1 Viewer)

Drsoccerball

HSC
So my school passed a rule where only the teachers teaching the specific year can mark essays/check them... So therefore we must only go to our teacher or other teachers teaching the year in order for our essays to be checked. I asked my teacher if he could even listen to my intro and he straight up just said "no im not checking it..." What do i do at this point. I don't know if what im doing is wrong or right and when my mark comes he's going to make up some bullshit about how he told me what to do... I told the head of English to look over my essay and even she doesn't want to do it (she forwarded it to him) and its been like a week and i still havn't got any feedback from the head teacher or my teacher... The Maths and science departments in my school are gold but the English department won't be able to survive in a primary school teaching English... And the school wonders why we get no band 6's in English................................

teridax

HSC
N/A
lmao, shitty english teachers

the fucking worst

but srsly, if all means are exhausted, find an outside source (a tutor) to mark your essays

Drsoccerball

HSC
The head teacher was informed and ahe couldnt care school rank around 90

chinmayagupta

HSC
N/A
So my school passed a rule where only the teachers teaching the specific year can mark essays/check them... So therefore we must only go to our teacher or other teachers teaching the year in order for our essays to be checked. I asked my teacher if he could even listen to my intro and he straight up just said "no im not checking it..." What do i do at this point. I don't know if what im doing is wrong or right and when my mark comes he's going to make up some bullshit about how he told me what to do... I told the head of English to look over my essay and even she doesn't want to do it (she forwarded it to him) and its been like a week and i still havn't got any feedback from the head teacher or my teacher... The Maths and science departments in my school are gold but the English department won't be able to survive in a primary school teaching English... And the school wonders why we get no band 6's in English................................
Honestly goto the principal or ask your parents ask them whats going on. If i was in your shoes i would legit ask them why are you getting paid for doing nothing and not helping students out. Go and question them cos yr 12 are and shud be given the most importance than others. Simply being not bothered is ridiculous. If they wont budge and do nothing them im afraid you gotta get external help (tutor)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Complain

You need to be able to take advantage of your teachers. After all, they're getting paid and it's their job.

Drsoccerball

HSC
okay, Say if i do complain...he knows who complained therefore= preconceived idea about my essay bad mark

teridax

HSC
N/A
Complain

You need to be able to take advantage of your teachers. After all, they're getting paid and it's their job.
some teachers are so incompetent and aren't interested in the needs of the students, ffs

PhysicsMaths

HSC
Since your teacher said no, does that infer that he is not teaching your year for english?
does that mean that he isn't really your teacher then?

Ekman

HSC
okay, Say if i do complain...he knows who complained therefore= preconceived idea about my essay bad mark
Basically you are saying the teacher would show you favouritism in a bad way. You can complain to the head of the English department, year-level coordinator, the principal, and worst case scenario, to the Board of Studies, because favouritism is a serious issue, especially during HSC. I heard that the one threat you can make to a teacher is to complain to the Board of Studies about their teaching.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
some teachers are so incompetent and aren't interested in the needs of the students, ffs
f33ls

Never let them get away with it. It's not fair when some teachers are so passionate in teaching whereas others can get away with much less effort put in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)