X-mas casual at Target (1 Viewer)

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
so i applied for a x-mas casual position and I got the job. On sunday i went in to see the manager and filled out all the bank details and TFN forms. When can I expect them to call me about shifts and stuff? And when am I supposed to buy the uniforms and everything before I can start?

Sabbo

HSC
Have you had an induction yet? (where they show you all the safety videos and stuff). If not they might just be waiting till they have more people together so they can run it.
I guess they'll call you soon but if you don't hear from them for a couple of days a polite phone call asking what's happening might not hurt (at least it shows you're interested in starting).

In the beginning you can wear black pants and a white shirt as uniform; they don't expect you to have the target uniform from the beginning. Just double check with them on the uniform policy but it should be covered in the induction anyway.

Have fun at Target :)

Edit: I remember they handed out uniform order sheets during the induction. As far as I know you don't need to buy one if you don't want to. I know one guy who's been working here for a couple of years and he still wears a white shirt with tie.

Last edited:

B35tY

HSC
kate_is_me, is it too late to apply at Target for pre-Christmas work? I just finished HSC and would like to find a job, but i'm afraid i could be too late.

Fucking HSC.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Thanks for that Sabbo. I called the manager this morning and asked what was going on, and he said he was waiting on a few more people to hand back their forms and stuff, and then he'll give me a call. And B35tY, I applied in October, but they might have taken that ad off the CML website by now. It wouldn't hurt to ask your local store though.

Loza2232

HSC
i started as a christmas casual at target in 2004... im still there today!! if i remember correctly, it took awhile for my shifts to come. and dont worry about uniform, in the induction they will give u a form. for the meantime, just wear business attire.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Okay so it's been more than week since I filled out all my bank details and all those forms, and they still havent called me? Should I call them and ask when the in-store induction is supposed to be held?

P

pLuvia

kate_is_me said:
Thanks for that Sabbo. I called the manager this morning and asked what was going on, and he said he was waiting on a few more people to hand back their forms and stuff, and then he'll give me a call. And B35tY, I applied in October, but they might have taken that ad off the CML website by now. It wouldn't hurt to ask your local store though.
Are you talking about this advertisment?
http://www.colesmyer.com.au/Careers/Opportunities/2006_christmas.asp

I applied just recently and I did full availability over the holiday even during christmas, do you guy remember how long it took for them to contact you?

karoooh

HSC
I applied recently too, 7th Nov, and they sent me that online assessment thing to do on the 10th. So, soonish Andy!

P

pLuvia

Aww, I applied on the 6th of Nov haha, still haven't got that online assessment thing

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Okay, it's been a week and a half since they said "we'll call you by the end of the week". I'm gonna call them tomorrow and ask what's going on. When do X-mas casuals usually start anyway? Mid novemeber?

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Next 2 weeks? Oh okay, thanks. So I'm guessing christmas casuals usually start working in December?

T

Testpilot

pLuvia said:
Aww, I applied on the 6th of Nov haha, still haven't got that online assessment thing
I applied on the 3rd and got the assessment on 6th. Then i haven't heard anything more even though i killed the one test thing.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
It's been almost 3 weeks, and I still havent receieved any info on when i'm supposed to start. everytime i call up, the manager is either busy or isn't there. grrrreattt. Now i'm just paranoid that all the christmas casuals have started except me. :(

lazy daisy

HSC
hi Kate is me,, i was also hired for a xmas casual at target and havent received any reply from the manager. just curious, is your manager elias.

anyways I was looking at your details and,, like wow.. i also do b of arts at bankstown uws. lol.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
LOL. ahahahaha. yes! the target at stocklands??

NobodyKnows

HSC
I applied Dec '04, was hired Sept '05, still remain a barcode bitch. As far as I know my Target isn't hiring, or hasn't yet -- cuz we just got a whole new bunch of little yr 10 kiddies in. It really varies with your store's individual needs.

Oh, and Stocktake is awesome -- zooming around on motorised scooters at midnight!!

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
lol. yeah, very small world. i called him the other day, and he said he'd start rostering x-mas people for December, so I should expect a call in the first week.

lazy daisy

HSC
yeh thats cool,, ive been also trying to call him as well, but he's always busy..

well tell me wen u get ur first shift. so i can call him and demand shifts as well/. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)