X-mas Work At Grace Bros (1 Viewer)

Sarah J

HSC
yeah, I did. I actually went to the group interview today. It was ... well, weird.

I doubt I'll get the job though. apparently 5000 people applied, and they only have 800 positions across NSW. And heaps applied for the store I wanted to work at, but they've only got 80 positions there.

hUnNi

HSC
Originally posted by Sari
thats crazy . . . i went into the city and i didnt have to do any test, i dont know if i missed it all completely or if it was different, but she seriously took my resume, talked to me about the job itself and that was it. it took about five minutes.
so do they only interview u at the city store..? :(

Untitled

What kind of things did u have to do in the group interview?

Which store did u apply for?

bilal

har har har har!!!
ummm... grace bros.. dont take people who are unexperienced in the sales industry..
atleast a year of experience is required and you HAVE HAVE to be over 18.....

or maybe tat was david jones.. oh wellish... but i think its still over 18z they prefer..
and yeah.. i think they'd take more uni ppl, than older onez, cuz its cheaper.....

however, rebel sport, right next to gracebros in the city.. is a lot better....

i got a job there when i was only 15!!!!
hohohoho!

SUCKERZZZ!

though i have to wear a black polo shirt.. which looks disgusting..
besides.. i havent worked for 8 or 9 months...
been overseas!!
yaaayyyy

edge

hmm okay...

I just quit my job at Grace Bros (for David Jones in fact :p), I used to work at one of their cafes (so was paid by a different company) but most of my friends were in the actual retail section.

A note about their recruitment process: GBs is *very* big on the whole psychological aspect, and sends the assessments off for evaluation. It's basically to determine what kind of person you are, and how you would fit in as a member of their team. They really aren't looking for "leaders" but rather "team players", someone that will keep the harmony, and have a conducive work environment, rather than a dominating force. If you got through to the group interview stage, don't be too disheartened even if you didn't get the position because you've done really well already. I remember the first time I applied, I had just turned 16, and although I had some work experience under my belt, and did get through to the group interview, I was stupid and silly and can see how far I've come since then (and was also up against a LOT of uni students who studied psychology... heh.). Oh, and don't lie about your experience or referees because they perform exhaustive reference checks!!!

2nd time I applied was this year, and although I did get the job I withdrew my application in favour for DJs.

The funny thing is that (well, I think) the customer service at GBs is quite atrocious, for all their complicated process!

bex

HSC
The funny thing is that (well, I think) the customer service at GBs is quite atrocious, for all their complicated process!
thats so true.. i hate GB's... i would shop at DJ's over grace bros any day

Sarah J

HSC
lol. I can't stand both those places- I'll just be working there.

Except that I don't like the ladies in the makeup and perfume section of DJs. Is it just me, or do they watch you like a hawk to make sure you don't steal from them? Just because I'm a teenager. lol

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah J
lol. I can't stand both those places- I'll just be working there.

Except that I don't like the ladies in the makeup and perfume section of DJs. Is it just me, or do they watch you like a hawk to make sure you don't steal from them? Just because I'm a teenager. lol
lol i think its just you!!(only kidding)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)