Xbox 360 Elite Comfirmed. (1 Viewer)

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Its seems to be a response to the ps3's larger hard drive. Microsoft have confirmed that Xbox 360 Elite will hit production. It will be black, it will have HDMI, and it will have a 120GB drive (it'll also come bundled with a one month Xbox Live trial).

The Xbox 360 Elite bundle will include:
- component and composite cables, as well as an HDMI cable.
- black controller, black rechargeable batteries, black headset (wired).

Noticable features that are not included:
-Wifi
-No built in HDDVD drive

Thx for the heads up on tumbnailing.

Last edited:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
the PS3 is just pathetically expensive........ And microsoft is taking this advantage to rub it in.

tempco

HSC
you can post up thumbnails if you use another image hosting service, e.g. photobucket.com.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Unless someone really wants those features of the Elite, the deals being done on the Xbox360 premium pack (eg. <$700 with 4 games, or <$600 premium console only with no games) make it hard to justify why one would spend so much on the Elite "black" system.

JiNxXx

HSC
first off, use imageshack.us to host your images. they have a the embedding html code there for thumbnailing photos on both types of forums.

secondly, the elite xbox is going for approximately $788 australian dollars.

it already owns the ps3 and it hasn't even come out yet officialy here in australia.

this is microsofts complete answer to the ps3 and the wii, and i can't wait to get a hold of this and see how halo 3 plays out on it. which i can't wait for :D

also with the addition of the "xbox live marketplace" microsoft has literally baught the industry of multimedia.

with this feature you can basically download media such as full games, television shows, movies, and more. all of course in 1080 dpi resolution.

this is also an important thing, the elite now is in 1080 dpi resolution. meaning that it will kick some serious ass with a good HD television set. :D

hope this helps

stazi

Nightman
HSC
JiNxXx said:
secondly, the elite xbox is going for approximately $788 australian dollars.

this is also an important thing, the elite now is in 1080 dpi resolution. meaning that it will kick some serious ass with a good HD television set. :D

hope this helps
firstly, you mean 1080p, I assume. It's different to 1080i. The 360 can currently do 1080p, meaning it already kicks arse with a good HD TV set. Although the difference between i and p is quite small even on a large set. The benefit is that HDMI can (potentially) output a very slightly better image than a VGA/component cable.

Next, how did you get $788? It is AU$588.89 if you convert it from the US price (of course it'll likely be about $749 when it launches here.

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
If I want anything from that package...I want that 120GB hard-drive 'cause I'm a grand space-seeking slut (which I can purchase separately w00t!). :)

But that's not going to happen for a good while though.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I want the HDMI slot because I'm suckered by marketing :(

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
stazi said:
I want the HDMI slot because I'm suckered by marketing :(
I'll rather be waiting for a HDMI cable, if there is any liklyhood of that being released (hopefully before I purchase a HD TV).

Edit: BTW stazi, I see you in the xboxworld.com.au forums.

Last edited:

JiNxXx

HSC
tarsus said:
If I want anything from that package...I want that 120GB hard-drive 'cause I'm a grand space-seeking slut (which I can purchase separately w00t!). :)

But that's not going to happen for a good while though.

yah i suppose, but its going to cost ya a fortune :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
tarsus said:
I'll rather be waiting for a HDMI cable, if there is any liklyhood of that being released (hopefully before I purchase a HD TV).

Edit: BTW stazi, I see you in the xboxworld.com.au forums.
what do you mean an HDMI cable? one for the existing 360? that won't happen. and yeah, i use xbw

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
JiNxXx said:
this is microsofts complete answer to the ps3 and the wii,
I disagree. I think that this console is almost solely focused upon the PS3. It does nothing to innovate gameplay, which is the wii's main selling point.

Besides, sony has recently held a significant market share (when it comes to the larger consoles), as opposed to nintendo, so i would guess it would be more desirable for microsoft to try to eat into sony's slice.
The wii has been doing the same thing. Effectively, nintendo and microsoft have a common goal. They've simpy utilised different strategies to achieve it.

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
stazi said:
what do you mean an HDMI cable? one for the existing 360? that won't happen. and yeah, i use xbw
aw wat. so much for my wishful thinking :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)