XBOX 360 v PS3 v Wii (1 Viewer)

In your opinion, which console kicks ass?

• XBOX 360

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • PS3

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Wii

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
PS3 isnt even out yet.

They all have great games that are unique to each.

Dunno if i have a favourite. They are all groovy.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
The PC is the best gaming platform.

It will always have the best graphics.
All controllers will be able to be used on a pc, one way or another.
It has the best games
It's the most suited for internet play.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
S1M0 said:
The PC is the best gaming platform.

It will always have the best graphics.
All controllers will be able to be used on a pc, one way or another.
It has the best games
It's the most suited for internet play.
Prove it

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
runtlocks said:
Games

Half-Life 2
Oblivion
Medieval 2: TT
Microsoft Flight Sim X

ANY FPS/RTS game is home to the PC because its impossible/very very very annoying to play on a console. Any games that is better using a controller can be played on the pc, you just need a controller.

Our technology improves over time, and it improves quickly. Console technology does not. For example, the DX10 cards are out, there is a quad-core processor in the works, and even talks of a 16-core processor soon. This will make the PC faster than the PS3, the most technological of the 3rd-gen consoles

World of Warcraft. The world's most popular MMORPG. Available on console? Nope. This also proves that internet play is homage to the pc.

There. 0wnz0r3d.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
S1M0 said:
Games

Half-Life 2
Oblivion
Medieval 2: TT
Microsoft Flight Sim X

ANY FPS/RTS game is home to the PC because its impossible/very very very annoying to play on a console. Any games that is better using a controller can be played on the pc, you just need a controller.

Our technology improves over time, and it improves quickly. Console technology does not. For example, the DX10 cards are out, there is a quad-core processor in the works, and even talks of a 16-core processor soon. This will make the PC faster than the PS3, the most technological of the 3rd-gen consoles

World of Warcraft. The world's most popular MMORPG. Available on console? Nope. This also proves that internet play is homage to the pc.

There. 0wnz0r3d.
Two of the four games you mentioned are on console :lol:

The biggest FPS around today, Halo 2 is home to the xbox, a console. It is also possible to get a keyboard and mouse on the 360 as well. And who would want to play something like Mario Party in front of a computer screen with 4 controllers?

Technology improves in consoles too, it's just that you don't have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars every five or so years to get your console to scratch. PCs are a lot more expensive than consoles if you're a hardcore gamer. Stronger machine doesn't make it a better gaming unit, look at the Wii, and how the PS2 dominated last generation.

Mario, the worlds most popular platformer is availiable on console. Name one good fighter on the PC. The PC and the console have their strengths and appropriate genres with their respective controllers, what's your point? Console online gaming is still a relatively new concept compared to PC online gaming, and it's getting bigger and better with each year.

"0wnz0r3d"? Fuck off with your annoying PC geek bullshite.

Anything else ye'd like to add???

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
runtlocks said:
Two of the four games you mentioned are on console :lol:

The biggest FPS around today, Halo 2 is home to the xbox, a console. It is also possible to get a keyboard and mouse on the 360 as well. And who would want to play something like Mario Party in front of a computer screen with 4 controllers?

Technology improves in consoles too, it's just that you don't have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars every five or so years to get your console to scratch. PCs are a lot more expensive than consoles if you're a hardcore gamer. Stronger machine doesn't make it a better gaming unit, look at the Wii, and how the PS2 dominated last generation.

Mario, the worlds most popular platformer is availiable on console. Name one good fighter on the PC. The PC and the console have their strengths and appropriate genres with their respective controllers, what's your point? Console online gaming is still a relatively new concept compared to PC online gaming, and it's getting bigger and better with each year.

"0wnz0r3d"? Fuck off with your annoying PC geek bullshite.

Anything else ye'd like to add???

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Pc owns. But thats not all i'll like to add.

Guilty Gear XX. Thats one hell of a good fighter. And you're right, a stronger machine does not mean a better unit, which is why the most intelligent, and most complex games are home to pc. Console gaming is for kids/casual gamers, and thats okay, but Pc is the dominant gaming platform.

I've gotten bored with the SNES, and that was a good console, i've gotten bored with the PS1, and that was a good console. I got bored of the N64, the PS2, and i'll be bored with the 360, PS3 and Wii eventually.

But i sure as hell won't be bored with the PC.

Oh, and yeah, 2 of the 4 games i mentioned are also on console. But they're best on Pc :)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Seemed a bit of a cunt that last post mate, errr my fault. Looking for a good discussion to carry on with
S1M0 said:
Console gami2.
ng is for kids/casual gamers, and thats okay, but Pc is the dominant gaming platform.
What makes you say that, exactly? Console gaming is not just for kids. It has it's fair share of teenage/adults games.

S1M0 said:
I've gotten bored with the SNES, and that was a good console, i've gotten bored with the PS1, and that was a good console. I got bored of the N64, the PS2, and i'll be bored with the 360, PS3 and Wii eventually.
That's a bit unfair to say. The PC will keep on going but these consoles you mention will/have been discontinued. It's not fair to dismiss a console if you say you prefer the PC because it had, say, Starcraft which was a good ten or so years back and something more modern, like Half Life 2.

And I still love to play the old console games, on the SNES in particular, moreso than I play my xbox etc. But if that's your preference, then fair enough

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
PC's have the advantage of having a mouse, which IMO is essential for any real FPS. It also has the internet (although thats starting to catch on as a major feature with consoles) On the other hand, PC's require constant upgrading and consoles let you to simply put the game in and your off without fiddling around with shit.

But PC's are seperate though. Everyone has a PC. this thread is about consoles.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Wiimote > Mouse
There, I said it. I hate PC gaming, mostly because all the games are shit. Not a big shooter fan, because those games are way too easy.
Wii for me.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Now that I have a wii, it's difficult to say.

On its own, the Wii is the best console ever made. It has teh interweb. It has innovative controls. It has the awesome Virtual Console. It is cheap.

However, overall, I think the 360 wins, with its gaming library. The Wii is great for short bursts of play; even Zelda.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
runtlocks said:
Seemed a bit of a cunt that last post mate, errr my fault. Looking for a good discussion to carry on with

What makes you say that, exactly? Console gaming is not just for kids. It has it's fair share of teenage/adults games.

That's a bit unfair to say. The PC will keep on going but these consoles you mention will/have been discontinued. It's not fair to dismiss a console if you say you prefer the PC because it had, say, Starcraft which was a good ten or so years back and something more modern, like Half Life 2.

And I still love to play the old console games, on the SNES in particular, moreso than I play my xbox etc. But if that's your preference, then fair enough
Nah its perfectly fine, i'm gonna look foward to arguing with you in the future :)

But moving that aside, i've got a question to wii owners.

Is the wii-mote (or whatever) really that good? Is it genuinely fun or what? I just need an overview so that i can choose in the future over the PS3 or the Wii.

So far its PS3 because of Final Fantasy, Ridge Racer and Grand Turismso HD.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Why on earth would you choose the ps3 for ridge racer. I can understand Final Fantasy. Hell, I can even understand GT HD (despite how expensive it will be, since you have to pay for more cars, etc.) ... but ridge racer - the game that got very average reviews?

The wii and ps3 are completely different. I think the wii is a good supplementary console for the ps3/x360.

The wiimote is fantastic fun. Play a bit of wii sports and you'll understand :)

Unassume

HSC
Wii60 is the best combination ever. Seriously.

The wii is the best console ever made, bar none, it just fucking blows me away and EVERYONE loves it. (I should go buy warioware).

360 Has an awesome library of classic type games, which makes it fucking rock. And it has the best online experience and marketplace.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Nolan-baby, what do you mean by a library of classic type games? XBox live arcade? if so, i think it actually sucks for that. There is one release a week, and many of the releases truly suck (esp. compared to the wii virtual console).

What you say about the online experience is very true. Not only is online gameplay seamless and unrivalled in terms of quality, you also get a shitload of demos, videos, etc.

The PS3, for me, at the moment, is shite. I played it in the US and found it to be very lacking. They should never have gone for motion sensitivity in their controls: the wii already closes that void. These controls are way too tacky on the ps3, plus there's no rumble feature. I got to play motostorm (or whatever its called) and it looked good, but not any better than Moto GP which came out for the xbox 360 last year. It was played on an LCD TV that is probably the average size. However, I saw it at Myer again and it looked fantastic. Everyone was blown away. What the people didn't realise is that this was something like a 100 inch LCD TV with full 1080p resolution (it even cost something like $10,000 - something most consumers will never afford). Having seen the 360 running on similar setups, however, I can vouch that the graphical difference at the moment is negligible (well, to be honest, most of the latest 360 games pwn the ps3s graphics, but that's only because the ps3 hasn't been out for long). Let's not forget that the xbox 360 now supports 1080p, too. Let's also not forget that the ps3 is ridiculously expensive. I mean $999!? Double ew tee ef.

I desperately want to like the ps3, considering how big a fan I am of FF, and some other sony franchises, but at the moment there is no chance I'd buy it. The xbox 360 has way too much to offer that is coming out:

- GTA (with episodic downloadable content)
- Mass Effect - all I can say is, wow. I believe this will be the game of the year on most sites.
- Crackdown
- Halo 3
- Half Life 2 : orange box (it's also coming out on ps3 as well, but chances are the versions will be identical)
-Guitar Hero II
-Worms on Xbox Live arcade for about $10 with full online multiplayer!
-Forza 2 (which I believe will rival Gran Turismo, although I still will prefer GT)
-Project Gotham Racing 3
-Fable 2
-Assassin's Creed (will apparently be better on Xbox 360 according to a developer interview, unless its delayed even further)
-Halo Wars
-Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (is delayed on PS3)
-Bioshock
-Blue Dragon!!!!!!!!!!
-Ricky Ponting INternational Cricket 2007
-Too Human
-The Darkness
-Alan Wake
-Lost Odyssey

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
Is the wii-mote (or whatever) really that good? Is it genuinely fun or what? I just need an overview so that i can choose in the future over the PS3 or the Wii.

In a word. Yes, it is really good. Nintendo have integrated it really well into their games so far (ok, ive only got Zelda and Wiisport to go on by, but thats enough), giving the games an added depth. I rarely have any issues with the sensor so far (i.e. there isn't a serious delay issue that effects the gameplay). Actually, what BazookaJoe said is right, it pretty much is a virtual mouse.

Why choose? if your rich enough to get the ps3 then you might as well get the wii too (its nice and cheap). Or get the wii now. Theres a bit of a wait still for the ps3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)