• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Xbox 360 (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i read soemwhere that Sony with their plastation 2 dominated the market at 60% of sales, then xbox and the nintendo thingy at 20% each . and same might follow this time of round

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
funz0 said:
"Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each".

I hardly believed it from the first of the leaked specifications. But how wrong I was, as microsoft revealed it on their video.

The technology is quite amazing, but considering Microsoft is pushing for a Christmas release date, that piece of hardware would be quite expensive.

is that like duel core processors but three instead of two?

HSC
Pretty broad sort of stats, are we talking games, consoles, or a combination, and worldwide or just in Australia?

That said, it's probably about what I'd expect, judging from the relatively small sample group that is my friends and family, the Sony systems generally tend to be far more commonly owned, followed by the Xbox then Nintendo. Of course that's not a reasonable group for that sort of statement, but I wouldn't really be all that surprised if the trend is replicated in wider society.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
CPU. A custom-made IBM PowerPC microprocessor running at 3.2 GHz and offering three symmetrical processing cores, essentially providing the power of three CPUs to the system. This system is capable of 1 teraflop of computing power. By comparison, Apple's fastest PowerPC-based computer, the PowerMac G5, is offered at speeds up to 2.7 GHz, with only a single processor core, and that system costs over $3000 without a monitor. To battle the heat generated by the system, Microsoft is water cooling the CPU and other components, leading to a virtually silent system.

http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/xbox360.asp

lol, watercooled

and it seems xbox360 doesn't have built in wi-fi, that sucks. then again PS3 might be seen as a computer rather than a gaming console, it all depends on execution.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
How many controllers do you think it could have? Assuming it uses blutooth technology.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
man o man, the xbox 360 has one shit design...it looks so crappy and non sturdy!!!!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Curry said:
How many controllers do you think it could have? Assuming it uses blutooth technology.
XBOX360 - 4 controllers

PS3 - 7 controllers (since dual screen supported) (bluetooth 2.0, so you can use on home pc)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
CPU. A custom-made IBM PowerPC microprocessor running at 3.2 GHz and offering three symmetrical processing cores, essentially providing the power of three CPUs to the system. This system is capable of 1 teraflop of computing power. By comparison, Apple's fastest PowerPC-based computer, the PowerMac G5, is offered at speeds up to 2.7 GHz, with only a single processor core, and that system costs over $3000 without a monitor. To battle the heat generated by the system, Microsoft is water cooling the CPU and other components, leading to a virtually silent system.

http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/xbox360.asp

lol, watercooled

and it seems xbox360 doesn't have built in wi-fi, that sucks. then again PS3 might be seen as a computer rather than a gaming console, it all depends on execution.

looks intesteting. shoulkd be a powerful machine.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
I think they got designers from Apple to design the Xbox :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)