y10 work exp (any fields, desperate) (1 Viewer)

anjalika9923

HSC
hey guys, anyone know any work experience places? im so desperate at this point im just looking for any place that has an interactive w/e program. i've tried all the major unis, a bunch of small and big accounting, business, law, architecture firms + dentists, doctors, hospitals, vets near my area/cbd, defence force, but got turned down, they have no program, it's not the dates my w/e is, already booked, won't get back to me in time, said they'd get back to me but never did etc. and i don't want to be a bother to them (emailing again) or asking my careers advisor for ANOTHER extension or some help thru his contacts bc i feel like it's kinda not good to do that idk,, honestly ANYTHING will be good at this point. thanks for any help!!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys, anyone know any work experience places? im so desperate at this point im just looking for any place that has an interactive w/e program. i've tried all the major unis, a bunch of small and big accounting, business, law, architecture firms + dentists, doctors, hospitals, vets near my area/cbd, defence force, but got turned down, they have no program, it's not the dates my w/e is, already booked, won't get back to me in time, said they'd get back to me but never did etc. and i don't want to be a bother to them (emailing again) or asking my careers advisor for ANOTHER extension or some help thru his contacts bc i feel like it's kinda not good to do that idk,, honestly ANYTHING will be good at this point. thanks for any help!!
If you are unable to find something through your parents/their friends or your friends parents probably should ask for the career advisers help.They would probably understand given the fact you have tried to contact many organisations already. Also, accounting/financial firms may well be busy given that EOFY has recently happened so people are busy preparing financial reports etc.

anjalika9923

HSC
okay but idk in my situation since i feel a bit bad for being so unorganised and still asking for so much help from him, he gave me a one month extension (til august 1) and i already asked him to give one of the unis a call (which was supposed to be successful but the professor never replied to my email after my advisor had a chat with him) do you think he'll be okay with me asking for more help?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
okay but idk in my situation since i feel a bit bad for being so unorganised and still asking for so much help from him, he gave me a one month extension (til august 1) and i already asked him to give one of the unis a call (which was supposed to be successful but the professor never replied to my email after my advisor had a chat with him) do you think he'll be okay with me asking for more help?
Yeah of course, he should be fine with it. Your careers advisor is there to help you in the first place.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say alot of firms are probably a bit more careful nowadays since work exp offers negligible benefits in the short term but is full of risk for them. I did work exp at a big 4 firm back in my time thanks to my neighbour being a partner but I don't think that would happen again in this day and age!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)