• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Y'all think we could get an imaginative for mod A.....??? (repost cause I wanna hear what people think) (1 Viewer)

finwand

HSC
Hey guys stressing over english like I'm sure we all are (and if you're not, help us lesser souls out) and was reinterpreting the rubric to polish my essays on. In the Mod A advanced rubric it mentions this:

"As students engage with the texts they consider how [the texts]... shapes their own compositions"
"By responding imaginatively,"
"By composing critical and creative texts in a range of modes and media"

It looks like it's referencing how we can write more discursively in an essay, but the last one looks like we could be asked to compose a creative/imaginative piece based on what we've learned....

Fingers crossed I'm delusional, what do you guys think? 💀💀💀💀💀

beanbug

HSC
i will die if that happens oh my goodness... on the topic of delusions tho, i fully believe we are gonna get song lyrics to analyse this year

nonya2000

Banned
HSC
Hey guys stressing over english like I'm sure we all are (and if you're not, help us lesser souls out) and was reinterpreting the rubric to polish my essays on. In the Mod A advanced rubric it mentions this:

"As students engage with the texts they consider how [the texts]... shapes their own compositions"
"By responding imaginatively,"
"By composing critical and creative texts in a range of modes and media"

It looks like it's referencing how we can write more discursively in an essay, but the last one looks like we could be asked to compose a creative/imaginative piece based on what we've learned....

Fingers crossed I'm delusional, what do you guys think? 💀💀💀💀💀
That's why the "syllabus" is a piece of useless shit, we wont ever be asked to write imaginative in module a, I thought we would. We also wont ever write a persuasive.

karamazova

HSC
i could be mistaken but i sincerely cannot imagine (haha) they would ask for imaginative for mod A (or common or B for that matter). the rubric covers the breadth of your studies, not just the exam, so certain parts like "imaginative responses" are asked for during your coursework, but typically not in the exam itself. e.g. i'm doing richard iii & looking for richard, and i remember at one point we had to rewrite a scene from a different character's perspective, so that's the imaginative response done in class.

BUT if you do look at past papers and feedback you'll consistently see dot points like "engage with the texts on a personal level", "write with a sustained, engaging, and personal tone" (this goes for pretty much every module) so while they won't necessarily ask you for an imaginative or discursive piece, they do want you to imbue your writing with a little personality and a little ~imagination~.

the crux of mod A is intertextuality and those "resonances and dissonances" so they will almost certainly be asking abt them in the exam!! i wouldn't worry too much abt having to write an imaginative except for mod c haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)