Yasmin - got dumped! (1 Viewer)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
She was supposed to find a husband in nine weeks but last night Channel Ten unceremoniously dumped Yasmin's Getting Married after only four programs.

It's more proof that the reality genre is in deep trouble and that the 7pm timeslot is ruled by an audience that has little interest in marriage, let alone when it's being chased by an attractive, well-spoken 29-year-old recruitment manager who has surrendered herself to the instant fame of voyeuristic television.

Yasmin Dale's show was a flop from the start.

The star of the original show, Renae's Getting Married, pulled out after finding true true love. Yasmin tried to put on the ring, only to score the worst debut of any Australian prime-time show this decade - 778,000 in the mainland capitals.

In the same time slot, Big Brother was averaging more than 1 million viewers each week night. Yasmin alienated so many people at 7pm that Seven's ancient soap Home and Away gained 200,000 viewers to 1.46 million and Nine's ancient game show Temptation rose by 300,000 viewers to 1.42 million.

Ten's chief programming officer, David Mott, said: "Our audience has not embraced this bold new initiative."

Ten is not jilting Dale, who in pre-program publicity said that "my ring finger has been bare for too long". The network has promised to pay for her wedding if she can find a bloke to walk up the altar. Meanwhile it is replacing Yasmin with Futurama, a cartoon. Enough said.
From SMH - It was only a matter of time - the whole show was a pile of crap to begin with.

Optophobia

HSC
lol yeh that yasmin chick is my uncles friends mothers cousins dogs ex-owners grandmothers daughters cousins niece.

------------

The reason this show went so shit is because ten was given an inch by the viewing audience, and they tried to take it a mile. As soon as I saw "if you would like Yasmin to date Bob, then SMS bob to 1997 2829".. i felt queezy and light headed. It was so pathetic. Enough is enough Ten, you may be hoping that people are stupid and easy to exploit, which they are, but we are not THAT easy to exploit you stupid television network.

Also, Tench is so shit. It's just a viral marketting campaign. Whoever TEN hired recently, they need to fire them ASAP.

Last edited:

sideshowtim

HSC
Good. That show was horrible. Couldn't have hurt them to put a ditsy blonde woman with an enormous rack on there, instead they had to go with a girl that you see on the train everyday. Glad to have Futurama back.

ediisjoz

HSC
The dude, Byron is one of the maintenance guys at my school... lol... funny how he mentioned "the desperate housewives i have to deal with" ... mothers at my school. hahahha oh funny times.

i watched it to see him on it. it was funny but very embarassing.
worst show ever. glad it got axed.
yasmin's teeth were too gummy...

sideshowtim

HSC
Yasmin gets married to a high school maintenance guy....I could see it happening. That kinda guy seems right up her alley.

ediisjoz

HSC
hahahha i thought so i was like.. if only the rest of australia knew he worked at wenona

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
sideshowtim said:
Yasmin gets married to a high school maintenance guy....I could see it happening. That kinda guy seems right up her alley.
and Lord knows theres been quite a few " up her alley"

hehe futurama back on!!!!! i heard rumours there might be a new season made

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Serius said:
and Lord knows theres been quite a few " up her alley"

hehe futurama back on!!!!! i heard rumours there might be a new season made
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Yeh when i saw the ad for Futurama at 7pm on Channel 10 i was like hahaha Yasmin got axed and my cuzin and i had a lil laugh about it...ratings were really crap for it. Channel 10 should stop reality tv, except for Idol and BB

*hopeful*

HSC
ah well, the commercials made it seem lame enough, at least she gets a free wedding out of it

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
*hopeful* said:
ah well, the commercials made it seem lame enough, at least she gets a free wedding out of it
Dear Yasmin
We hope you enjoy your second hand breville toaster.

Love,
The Ten Network Sydney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)