Yeah Baby! (1 Viewer)

schwang_thang

im pretti happi with how i went...
transformations (emma/clueless) was pretti ok, except i didnt get 2 say everything id wanted 2 say, there's 2 much bloody stuff!!...

johnny on the other hand was pretti gud n i managed 2 do
almost everything i set out 2 do so yups, sall gud :D

n then there's julius caesar...which was just gay, i doubt i answered the qstn properly...ran outta tyme...arghhhh
n bloody related materials, its deja vu from monday. cuddnt fit it all in, pissed me off :mad:

:chainsaw:

p00_p00

All i have 2 say is: WHAT A FUCKED EXAM!!!!!

Well lets c????

Transformations: At first it was a bit ambigiuos and didnt ask for techniques, but eventually nailed the fucker.

Donne: Hmmmmmm well my was a bit bland and short. I write like 6 pages but really if u squash it all up and stuff, its more like 2-3 pages!

Frontline: ok did any 1 answer that question specifically???? Cause i had NO FUCKING IDEA. The 5 minutes reading time was full of "I AM FUCKED!" cause i didnt know wat the question meant. When i reached it, i wasted 5 minutes thinking b4 i sinked my teeth in2 it and just threw down everything i knew about FL and the truth.... oh and sayyin how some stupud events and situations had made the truth 2 be altered blah blah blah blah.... how every1 else answer this?

Jason

BladeRunner/BNW - wrote a fair bit despite the fact that I didn't understand the question and still don't - can anyone explain to me what we were actually asked? I just talked about how the values in the text and the context are of equal importance and how they relate to one another.

Lear - Best question, I thought it was fairly clear cut in what we had to do, specifying the stuff to discuss (eg. ideas, language). The text-type was good too, not too hard - considering it could be one of those interviews were you have to describe set and stuff) - it also allowed a fait bit of flexibility, and I felt more... comfortable(?) with it, like Dario said, it was a fairly loose style.

Justice Game - I didn't go as well as I thought I would, despite the fact that the question was a fairly good one. I tended to garble what I was trying to say - my plan was I'd say what truth the guy was trying to portray, then I'd say the technique he used to achieve it, then I'd say what effect this technique had on the reader - but I got confused with the effect and the truth portrayed and ended up repeating myself a little.

Wrote 7 1/2, 7 1/2, 6 1/2

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
That BNW/BR question:

That opening state assumes that you know how context of both Huxley's and sScott's world influenced their writing. Then you had to talk about whether comparing the values in the two texts was more interesting than the two contexts
Values includes - I guess - what ppl see as important (happiness in BNW), Humanity - anything about it, technology, nature, stuff that you define as a 'value'.

So, yeah you probably did the right thing.

quartic

woohoo its over, by far the worst exams of the HSC are over.

Did anyone else do the paper in reverse order? I did Telling the Truth -> King Lear -> BNW/BR. I did this because that was the order in which I liked the questions from best to worst when I saw them in reading time. I was pretty pleased with Frontline and Lear but BNW/BR was a little dissapointing. I didn't really do much textual reference but just crapped on about context and values. Oh well.

Oh yeah I thought we would get an interview for Lear so a dialogue wasn't far off.

Porphyria_J

Love English extension when compared to English Advanced!

Its not easy, but easier

for value for in teh wild, i focused on stuff like whether we value nature or exploit nature, and how humanity is revealed ie do we kill or do we love each other

gay essay but no more Shakespeare woooo hoooo!

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by quartic
woohoo its over, by far the worst exams of the HSC are over.

Did anyone else do the paper in reverse order? I did Telling the Truth -> King Lear -> BNW/BR.
I did them in the exact same order. Except I wish I had done BNW/BR before because I didn't finish that question and I had so much more to write on it.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
UGH!!!!!!!!!! I HATED THAT....
i never want to hear about john donne again.....i knew nothing about the sunne rising :( nor did much of my class- since we focussed on valediction and batter my heart!- damn teachers!!!! not happy!!! :mad:

hamlet & justice game- were fair

tweakin

Originally posted by jenster
so so sooooo relieved english is over, and guess what! it's over forever! no more damn quotes to learn (except for the history exam...ah well)

ah today's exam, yes, i forgot why i came here.

umm the exam... again i thought it was pretty straightforward but i ran out of time majorly.
i spent too long on transformations because i was most comfortable with it, then on to critical study of text and the damn conversation, but i suppose it was ok... then only left about 15 mins for frontline. i don't mind though because it's over and i will never have to worry about it again.i can't change the past and if i had to do the exam again i probably would have done it the same. i just had too much to write and not enough time. business tomorrow is going to be the complete opposite... i won't have enough to write!

anyone who is done for the this week, enjoy your time off. for anyone like me who still has another 3 exams in this week alone good luck, and try not to go insane like i think i have.
You summed up my thoughts exactly....
I was only left with 20mins for frontline...spent too long on donne and transformations....so i ended up only getting to discuss 2 frontline episodes and 2 related material! ahhh

And like you, i also have another 3 exams this week.... business, history, IPT

YAY!

mannnnndy

chocoholic
WAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER, EVER, EVER again will I have to analyse another text and write about how this technique or that technique creates meaning and how it is shaped by its context, values and other assorted useless crap. YAAAHAAAAAAA!!!!! my life begins today...... :D:D:D:D:D

sif not 99

questions were SO GENERAL that was CRAP AS

all the ppl who didnt know shit could get away with it, while those had really prepared well didnt really get much advantage outa it =(

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
NAh...

That's doubtful. The teachers marking it won't look for crap. If you wrote crap, you'll get crap, so be glad you were writing something relevent and specific.

tompryor

that was such a weird test
i totally agree with the above post

transformation was awesome coz i did a question exactly the same a few days before, (compare values, and contect and to what extent)
"to what extent ?"was a bugger coz u had to keep going back to it and make something up like "to a small extent" big extent" ladidadida

Critical: Lear, was great, coz could be done like an interview and our Lear assessment was a radio interview of two people with differing views
I just go really carried away with the convo tho!:rolleyes:

telling the truth was just silly, why did we all have same question!
it needs to say something specific, i had to re-read Qs at the end of every paragraph and it took me 5 mins to read it each time!

i think the general Qs would have stuffed a lot of ppl around, specially for those who think too much! there is such a thing as too open, but i guess everyone was in the same boat!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with Sif 99
the questions basically said "WRITE WATEVER U KNO", it was that broad
I guess thats a good thing in a way, but it will b hard to seperate the very top responses, since it was so broad

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
yeah it was open

but what's the bet that the Markers will have a very narrow band of accepted responses that will recieve a band 6 mark?

SgtSlick

We were gonna have a phat bonfire an burn english at the stake...but there is freakin total fire ban.... shit damn hell fart :chainsaw Oh well, there are other ways of making english pay for all it has done.... *evil laugh* Muahahahahaha...haha...ha..h...a......

*eerie silence*

*cough*

"The moment ive always been waiting for..."
*begins slow clap*

-SgtSlick :(

evie

Emma-- Hard question but I'm happy with my response despite how rushed the ending was.

Lear-- Good question, didn't have enough time to mention all the things I wanted to but overall--pretty happy.

Frontline-- Hard question but once I got going it was ok. Wouldn't say it was my best but I think I went alright in that one..

NO MORE ENGLISH! It was rubbish day today so my notes are gone now! Woooooo! :D

terminator

Frontline was definitely a piece of shit, but Donne and RAGAD were beautifully crafted.

By the way, for Area of Study (creative writing) i didn't respond to the sources, but made-up my own source cause i didn't bother reading the whole task. Do you reckon they'll give me any marks, cause i still wrote a fair bit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)