• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 10 Formal (2 Viewers)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
my yr 10 formal was at iguana joes - the belinda neal fiasco resturant lol.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
nick3157 said:
i drank a bottle of vodka in 3 hours at the formal... not pretty.
We got frisked and were made to walk through metal detectors at our formal. Both males and females. =\

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
We got frisked and were made to walk through metal detectors at our formal. Both males and females. =\
wth...

even my catholic school wasn't that strict.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Aerath said:
Well.....I dunno, to save money in regards to hiring security guards, my cousin and her boyfriend (both are AFP Federal Agents) offered to be 'security' for our formal. I remember her telling me that she had no idea what equipment she needed, so she just checked out the standard frisking equipment (wand, metal detector etc). Noone would've gotten alcohol or anything else illicit through.
OMG and u are telling us this? Arent you scared we know their identities :D haha

Charity F said:
i dont' think that would have changed anything
Actually it does. If you get caught bringing alchohol to a school excursion after being warned, you will automatically get suspended. If you hand it in before you get caught then thats fine. The worse case scenario is being expelled.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
Actually it does. If you get caught bringing alchohol to a school excursion after being warned, you will automatically get suspended. If you hand it in before you get caught then thats fine. The worse case scenario is being expelled.
Dude its year 10 formal. The year 10 group last year were throwing chairs out windows. :rolleyes:. Nothing happened to them. I cant imagine how drunk they were to get to that point.

Aznmichael92

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
Dude its year 10 formal. The year 10 group last year were throwing chairs out windows. :rolleyes:. Nothing happened to them. I cant imagine how drunk they were to get to that point.
It varies from school to school I guess. Last time some studnets brought alcohol to peer support camp and got caught. All of them were immediately suspended. They were considering to cut the camp but couldnt as peer support leaders need training :D

If we do bring some stuff to drink like beer/vodka to the formal and get caught. Year 10 formal will be cut forever in my school history unless a good reason is provided. It does not include, "Oh that was the year before, we are different."

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I didn't go to my formal in Year 10, and I don't regret it.
An all boys catholic school 'dinner dance' didn't seem that appealing to me.
We had ours at the RSL and yeah, I don't think anyone got drunk during the formal. Pretty sure heaps of people did in their 'after parties though', because we had our picnic day the next day and heaps of ppl looked stoned and were still in their formal clothes.
I wouldn't miss the Year 12 formal though.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
Pretty sure heaps of people did in their 'after parties though', because we had our picnic day the next day and heaps of ppl looked stoned and were still in their formal clothes.
I wouldn't miss the Year 12 formal though.
I'm pretty sure half of our grade SBHS/SGHS came to school the next day in their formal clothes. The guys still looked half decent, however, the girls looked totally trashed. :p

Aznmichael92

HSC
Aerath said:
I'm pretty sure half of our grade SBHS/SGHS came to school the next day in their formal clothes. The guys still looked half decent, however, the girls looked totally trashed. :p
i wouldnt say that out loud if i were you lol

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Wow, I wish I was there. Trashed-looking girls. I have seen tonnes of trash-looking boys, but I rarely see girls. (only on TV)

By the way, it's my bed time. See you guys in an hour.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
An hour sleep? :eek:
Just came back and I need to turn my computer off now.

Anyway, enjoy Year 10 formal, 10ers. It's something that you won't easily forget. I didn't enjoy it, that's why it remains in my memory. But I hope that it remains as a postive turning point in your life.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, wtf - 1 hour's sleep? You only get that much sleep if you're at a sleepover. =\

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
That's essentially a formal, isn't it? :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
poor namu, hope you did enjoy your nap
I have normal sleep of 7 hours and 1 hour extra sleep to fuel my body.

I am not sure how Year 12 formal looks like. It's apparently like the one where you attend with your family and you get awards and other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)