Year 10 school certificate results 2011 (1 Viewer)

lath

HSC
I thought that an A just meant that you're in the top 25% of your grade for your internal assesment.

Lina3

HSC
I thought that an A just meant that you're in the top 25% of your grade for your internal assesment.
I think they meant Band 6...maybe...btw only 12% of people in our year at my school got and A in English (for report) and only 8% in science.

Last edited:

propinion

HSC
N/A
nah only 2 people got band 6 - above 90 - but we supposedly got quite a few A's??

wildchild666

HSC
I think they meant Band 6...maybe...btw only 12% of people in our year at my school got and A in English (for report) and only 8% in science.
At my school only 11 out of ~150 people (7%) got an A in their English report, with 87% being the lowest mark for that grade. Less than 5 people had a report mark above 90.

50% got an A in science though. :)

Focus is Key

HSC
My School stuffed up some of my SC estimates but these are the ones that are confirmed as being correct.

English: 94
Geography: 93
Computing: 95 (Actually did this test)
Maths: 95 (Well school admitted they stuffed it up and gave me 90 when the estimate should have been 95)

My school gave me a low incorrect mark for History and Science which are inaccurate (I'll have to contact the school about these)

hi12342

HSC
omg, you guys are so smarttttt!!!! My results are terrible. I thought they were OK until I saw this thread.

My results:
English -76
Maths - 84
Science - 76
Geo - 78
History - 67
Comp - 89

Would my current marks tell me if i'm smart enough for a ATAR of 80.00? Should I be worried?
Thanks guys

Last edited:

Lina3

HSC
Would my current marks tell me if i'm smart enough for a ATAR of 80.00? should I be worried?
thanks guys
SC marks are not an indicator for HSC marks for most. People tend to work harder for the HSC and if you do, judging from your marks, I reckon you could make 80.00 if not more.

hi12342

HSC
SC marks are not an indicator for HSC marks for most. People tend to work harder for the HSC and if you do, judging from your marks, I reckon you could make 80.00 if not more.
True, however it may be a indicator for my current study attitude. I should get my book right now and start preparing for year 11.

Last edited:

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Some people's naivete baffles me. Whether or not you can get an ATAR of 80, 90 or 99 solely matters on the amount of work you put in IN THOSE 2 years as well employing SMART ways of studying and not cramming before assessments etc. The school certificate should have zero bearing on giving you an indicator of how well you will perform in your next two years. What should tell you how will do are your consistency in study, since most people put minimal work into the school certificate.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
omg, you guys are so smarttttt!!!! My results are terrible. I thought they were OK until I saw this thread.My results:
English -76
Maths - 84
Science - 76
Geo - 78
History - 67
Comp - 89

Would my current marks tell me if i'm smart enough for a ATAR of 80.00? Should I be worried?
Thanks guys
They are good results. Don't forget that a lot of the year 10'ers on here are either from very good selective schools or are top of their school.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I did surprisingly better than i thought i would in geo, i was so NOT expecting that.
I was expecting a band 3 or 4 LOL, thankgod I'll never have to do it again.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
my results got posted straight to my home
you dont get the results online bro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)