Year 10ers relax (1 Viewer)

suzlee

HSC
minijumbuk said:
What the best thing you chould do in year 10 is not to revise year 10 topics dramatically, but give yourself a head start on year 11 stuff. Once you finish studying year 11 stuff yourself, and when people are still learning year 11 stuff, you can start on year 12 stuff. This will give you a MAJOR advantage. While people are finishing off learning, you have already finished by yourself. This means that you have more time than them for perfecting exam techniques, doing more past papers and revision.

I'm doing that for MX1 cos it's the only subject I can actually teach myself. But I don't think I can do that for anything else.. Do you mean to self-study all the prelim courses??

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
minijumbuk said:
What the best thing you chould do in year 10 is not to revise year 10 topics dramatically, but give yourself a head start on year 11 stuff. Once you finish studying year 11 stuff yourself, and when people are still learning year 11 stuff, you can start on year 12 stuff. This will give you a MAJOR advantage. While people are finishing off learning, you have already finished by yourself. This means that you have more time than them for perfecting exam techniques, doing more past papers and revision.
I'm planning on doing something like that, but I doubt I actually will. :)

suzlee

HSC
DALiE. (: said:
I'm planning on doing something like that, but I doubt I actually will. :)
I had a look at a physics prelim course book and I did not think I could sit at my desk and self-study it all by myself...

Minijumbuk, did you do that?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I've been wondering whether to read ahead in preliminary subjects. I've borrowed some Biology textbooks and have been familiarising myself with the terms/concepts, plus browsing around on the forums here to give myself a head start. Haven't done it with much else though. I'm thinking of getting a maths tutor during the holidays and starting on 2U maths just to stay ahead, plus borrow some other prelim excel books. Are you guys doing the same?

Or is that way too nerdylicious? :lol:

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
suzlee said:
I had a look at a physics prelim course book and I did not think I could sit at my desk and self-study it all by myself...

Minijumbuk, did you do that?
Yea, exactly. I'd love to do that and get a headstart. And I will try to but I have a feeling i'll get way too bored and just give up.

Positive thinking though. I will try and hopefully it'll work. :)

suzlee

HSC
Deer said:
Yeah I've been wondering whether to read ahead in preliminary subjects. I've borrowed some Biology textbooks and have been familiarising myself with the terms/concepts, plus browsing around on the forums here to give myself a head start. Haven't done it with much else though. I'm thinking of getting a maths tutor during the holidays and starting on 2U maths just to stay ahead, plus borrow some other prelim excel books. Are you guys doing the same?

Or is that way too nerdylicious? :lol:

Being "nerdylicious" isn't at all a bad thing :D
No seriously though, it would be a pretty good idea I think.

I've got started on 2U maths without a tutor and it isn't too hard.
I wasn't thinking of getting a head start in anything else other than maths though. Now that you suggested it I think I might borrow a few books for physics and chemistry just for a bit of a read........

guyrenner

HSC
pri said:
Look, you might think that Year 10 is a big deal, that if you don't pick the right subjects you won't get into uni or even that if you screw up you HSC that your life will be a failure. But just realise that its ok to do badly in Year 10 and make it a learning curb instead of putting stress on yourselves to receive a great mark in the School Certificate. Nobody cares if you do badly in Year 10 unless you are leaving school. So stop stressing!!! Go out and get a life which is not dictated by the marks you get at school, because at the end of the day if you have great scores in your HSC but no life- then your the loser.
wish my parents could understand this ffs, pm me if anyone has any suggestions on how to explain that to parents who think school is everything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)