• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Wow.

Degrading me by calling me a peasant.

Much hurt.

(I hope you know that I am joking)
No. I know you are completely serious and for that you will be sent to unicorn prison where you will be pooped on by green unicorns.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
haha that's awesome, keep with that dream! I also have a dream that is not related to school at all, but I don't want to disclose that on this forum. Even if you don't become a famous artist/band one day, making music and playing will make you a happier person :) If you have no idea what you want to do for uni, it might be that it's a bit early for you.. When I was in Year 11 I didn't really know what to do: I was tossing up between engineering, education or business.. I noticed that I didn't enjoy Physics as much as Business/Economics as I got closer to Year 12. So for me, I had the most interest/ had strengths in business hence I'm going to do BCom. See what you are most interested in when you get to Year 12 and probably based on your favourite subjects, find something similar to advance your studies to uni! It's completely normal for you at this stage to feel clueless on what you're going to do in uni, I know some of my friends who decided what they're going to do right before HSC or even after they get their ATARs, so for now just see how your studies will go prior HSC. Also, if you want some good advice, you should talk with your school's career adviser and discuss what you are willing/potential to do in whatever industry. Back to the 'dream' part you were saying, don't stop it.. do well in school and find out what you're going to do in uni (plenty of time, don't worry), but also if your dream is music, then do it! Don't doubt yourself.. because if music is that thing that makes you truly happy then give it a shot. It's definitely worth to try and have fun in.. Who knows? I might be going to your concert in 10 years :p You will regret in the long term if you didn't decide to do what you truly want in life so follow your dream. Even if it fails, you will know that you tried your best, and making music is fun anyways :) All the best with everything!
Thank you haha. Music does make me happy and stuff.
With my school subjects, I used to really love science in my juniors years and my heart was set on being a scientist. I don't know about that anymore though. My dad encouraged me to do some sort of science when I finish school, so I don't know whether part of that "love" of science I had was just so I wouldn't disappoint my dad if you get my drift. At the moment I can't stand biology and chemistry is ok I guess. I'm just not feeling that love for it anymore. I've almost completely lost interest and I don't know if that is because I had a terrible teacher last year (my teachers this year aren't that amazing either) or if it's because I didn't really love science as much as I thought I did (like maybe it was me not wanting to disappoint my dad that made me stick with it).
On the other hand multimedia ( even though it is stressful) is one of my favourite subjects. I really enjoy that stuff and animation and games design and such seem to interest me more than science at this stage....but my dad thinks in uni i should try and do something more advanced like engineering (robotics and stuff) because it will be interesting and i will "get bored of animation and games design after a while" and after learning all the advanced stuff I can "always go back to learning the basic things like animation and games design". But I really don't know. I feel like part of me wants to do as he says even though its not something id really really really want to do (deep down in my heart a part of me is like.."just no..."). Yeah it's amazing and stuff and to work on robots and things would be cool, but something about animation interests me more.
But yeah idk what I want to do when I'm done with school :( Everything is so confusing so i sort of feel like i haven't really got anything to work towards because my favourite subjects (besides multimedia) aren't something i'd like to have a job as in the future.
I'm good at history too and I love it so much, but id rather not pursue a career in it.
Music on the other hand has always been a passion of mine. I'd really like to pursue a career in music (even though i don't take the subject). Me and my friends have sort of thought maybe we could start a "band" but at the moment its just us jamming and having fun (and me teaching one of the girls guitar). i don't know >.< everything is confusing >.< i think if i didn't suggest to a friend of mine that we start a band, then id regret it forever. Im so glad i thought of it bc now theres 4 of us who really love music and all have a passion and we all would love to be an awesome band :')
I will take your advice though and thank you :)

J280

HSC
With my school subjects, I used to really love science in my juniors years and my heart was set on being a scientist. I don't know about that anymore though. My dad encouraged me to do some sort of science when I finish school, so I don't know whether part of that "love" of science I had was just so I wouldn't disappoint my dad if you get my drift. At the moment I can't stand biology and chemistry is ok I guess. I'm just not feeling that love for it anymore. I've almost completely lost interest and I don't know if that is because I had a terrible teacher last year (my teachers this year aren't that amazing either) or if it's because I didn't really love science as much as I thought I did (like maybe it was me not wanting to disappoint my dad that made me stick with it).
On the other hand multimedia ( even though it is stressful) is one of my favourite subjects. I really enjoy that stuff and animation and games design and such seem to interest me more than science at this stage....but my dad thinks in uni i should try and do something more advanced like engineering (robotics and stuff) because it will be interesting and i will "get bored of animation and games design after a while" and after learning all the advanced stuff I can "always go back to learning the basic things like animation and games design". But I really don't know. I feel like part of me wants to do as he says even though its not something id really really really want to do (deep down in my heart a part of me is like.."just no..."). Yeah it's amazing and stuff and to work on robots and things would be cool, but something about animation interests me more.
But yeah idk what I want to do when I'm done with school :( Everything is so confusing so i sort of feel like i haven't really got anything to work towards because my favourite subjects (besides multimedia) aren't something i'd like to have a job as in the future.
I'm good at history too and I love it so much, but id rather not pursue a career in it.
Music on the other hand has always been a passion of mine. I'd really like to pursue a career in music (even though i don't take the subject). Me and my friends have sort of thought maybe we could start a "band" but at the moment its just us jamming and having fun (and me teaching one of the girls guitar). i don't know >.< everything is confusing >.< i think if i didn't suggest to a friend of mine that we start a band, then id regret it forever. Im so glad i thought of it bc now theres 4 of us who really love music and all have a passion and we all would love to be an awesome band :')
I've been in a really similar situation to yours. I used to be set on becoming an engineer because I loved Physics from Years 7-10, but I've lost interest in it this year, and as a result stopped working hard and switched subjects. Now I'm feeling pretty lost on what to work towards to (kinda same similar to you) but as someone has advised me, just be patient and see what life brings you. Things can change really quickly. You might discover a new interest in the coming 2 years, and that's plenty of time.

At the end of the day, if your passion is Music or Animation, there's no reason why you shouldn't pursue them :)

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
I've been in a really similar situation to yours. I used to be set on becoming an engineer because I loved Physics from Years 7-10, but I've lost interest in it this year, and as a result stopped working hard and switched subjects. Now I'm feeling pretty lost on what to work towards to (kinda same similar to you) but as someone has advised me, just be patient and see what life brings you. Things can change really quickly. You might discover a new interest in the coming 2 years, and that's plenty of time.

At the end of the day, if your passion is Music or Animation, there's no reason why you shouldn't pursue them :)
Yeah, I've totally lost interest in science pretty much. I was actually going to take music this year, but it is on the same line as modern history and i couldn't decide between the two so I just picked modern history.
I feel like killing myself every biology lesson though, dunno how I'll make it through the next 2 years with that, but it's too late to change now :( *sigh*
Yeah, that is true! Thanks :3

williamdaft

HSC
No worries :)
Yes I certainly get your drift, your dad should understand what you "really really really want to do." Don't do science then if it's something you don't want to do and just by impressing your dad. You'll live an unhappy life that way. It's your life, and doing something you love such as those "passions" of yours: multimedia, game design, animation, and music you'll have a much better career as you'll enjoy it. Starting a band will be awesome, you can even try posting videos on YouTube for fun, get advice or being discovered.. there are many opportunities that arise from YouTube. Handing out CDs to record labels, and trying out street performing/gigs will be a great start.
Most importantly, whatever you do, make sure it's something you enjoy :)

Absolutely! The time will come and you'll discover something you will want to pursue :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So year 11 peeps, how is life?

Has everyone transitioned properly yet to the senior life?

tumtoom

HSC
Hmm interesting question...

Frankly I feel it is half the same as most other years. Teachers repeatedly told us how 'big' of a change year 10 to senior school is .. but it's really not. I mean sure teachers expect more now but hello, they always have!

Every year teachers say that one line, with of course minor changes:
"You are year 7 now, not primary students, this is big school"
"Year 8 now girls, not babies of the school anymore."
"This is year 9, not year 7 or 8. You are in stage 5."
"Year 10! Girls you set the example for all juniors. Next year is senior school"
and now....
"Year 11... senior school! No more fussing girls. You set the example for the rest of the school. Now is the time to work hard, play when you are in Uni." <-- actually had a teacher say this. I'm sure dozens of Uni students can disagree here.

Only real difference is how everyone thinks about it. Teachers and students alike both acting as if these two years determine your life.
This is not the choosing in 'Divergent' guys!

Though I must admit I do bother reading the entire textbook page now when we're assigned questions from the textbook which I never bothered with before :)

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
So year 11 peeps, how is life?

Has everyone transitioned properly yet to the senior life?
Year 11 is ok. Not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I thought it would get interesting this year, but most of the stuff is just annoying.
Transition has been alright. Still not used to those 8am starts and I'm still always dead tired. Workload is a lot though and that makes me sad because I don't have time for much else anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)