Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
#everyonebutme
Wow don't be that person dangerouss. It :rage: cking pisses me off when people put themselves down when they don't realise that they have the potential to be the next Einstein or Bill Gates, when only hard work and effort are required in order to achieve these goals. Dick Smith had dyslexia as a school student and had dropped out, yet look at what he's managed to achieve throughout the course of his life. What I'm trying to say is doubting yourself won't get you anywhere in life and that the potential within you is equivalent to the potential of the other 6 billion people on this planet. I hope my crappy words of wisdom are somewhat insightful, and apologies if my input is irrelevant. :cry:

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Wow don't be that person dangerouss. It :rage: cking pisses me off when people put themselves down when they don't realise that they have the potential to be the next Einstein or Bill Gates, when only hard work and effort are required in order to achieve these goals. Dick Smith had dyslexia as a school student and had dropped out, yet look at what he's managed to achieve throughout the course of his life. What I'm trying to say is doubting yourself won't get you anywhere in life and that the potential within you is equivalent to the potential of the other 6 billion people on this planet. I hope my crappy words of wisdom are somewhat insightful, and apologies if my input is irrelevant. :cry:
You know what, I just might've needed that little bit of encouragement :) thanks for being incredibly honest with me and not sugar-coating everything. Thanks & GL with your studies :D x

IcyRain

HSC
Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- Dale Carnegie
This

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
#everyonebutme
you are not alone... :)
Remember, attitude and setting achievable, progressive, measurable and meaningful goals are the two most important thing to achieve your ATAR aim-whatever that may be. Do your best and leave luck to do the rest:). I have faith both of you will achieve your maximum potential-work hard:)

Dale Carnegie's words are gold:)

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
i only really get hw for 3 subjects.....Chem, bio and maths....
and i still don't do it on time half the time.
gosh. this is so sad >.> i cant even keep up with this work @_@

oh does anyone know the best way to prepare for a listening task? I have my English listening task in 2 weeks. How does one memorise poems and techniques and such for an extended response? as in what is the best way to go about this?

Last edited:

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Remember, attitude and setting achievable, progressive, measurable and meaningful goals are the two most important thing to achieve your ATAR aim-whatever that may be. Do your best and leave luck to do the rest:). I have faith both of you will achieve your maximum potential-work hard:)

Dale Carnegie's words are gold:)
Thank you ! :D x

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
100 pages for English
Nek minnit hand falls off

Tazayneem

HSC
Honestly, if I get an ATAR over 99, I would probably be floating on the cloud that is currently producing rain.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
You tried getting rid of technology ?? Maybe cutting off your net if you don't need it...
That doesn't work. If you try that, the student will inevitably find another way to procrastinate. The procrastination is inevitable, but it can be controlled.

It's like being hungry at home. If there's no food in the fridge, you will inevitably find something else in the pantry that you can eat (as much as you would not eat it normally).

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
u guys have any strategies which minimises procrastination? e.g using textbooks or somethin
nope. I've got nothing. i have such a short attention span now its not even funny. Yesterday i was trying to do my multimedia assignment which was due today...i had so much to do....but somehow i ended up on youtube watching Mr Bean.........

Examine

same
HSC
I have this strong feeling that with your work ethic and attitude towards your studies I can see you having a 99+ ATAR as well as a few state rankings. Sorry if this is totally random/irrelevant, I just felt as if I needed to mention it. It just happens to be one of those strong vibes :hippie:
A lot more comes into play than just work ethic and attitude in regards to getting state rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)