Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hi
i have chosen standard english...is is bad to have standard enlgish over advanced
The scaling is much higher for advanced than standard, to give you an idea, a friend of mine state ranked in standard English with a mark in the low 90s... So that gives you a pretty good indication of how hard it is to get a band 6 in standard compared to advanced..

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
It'll be very difficult to get a band 6 in Standard since it aligns terribly compared to Advanced. However, if you work hard and apply yourself, you'll be fine.
Also, the cohort undertaking standard English isn't as strong as that of advanced. However, it is possible to get a band 6 in standard but generally, if people are capable of doing so they wouldn't have chosen the standard course right at the beginning :)

matchalolz

HSC
english advanced is such a clingy lil b**** :angryfire: sorry to all english lovers out there, it just takes up so much time! ugh, workload has definitely upped a lot from yr 10 english :( anyone feeling this as well?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
english advanced is such a clingy lil b**** :angryfire: sorry to all english lovers out there, it just takes up so much time! ugh, workload has definitely upped a lot from yr 10 english :( anyone feeling this as well?
Justem is an english lover. :p

But to answer your question, not really tbh. But then again, I read my prescribed text in the holidays so it was much easier for me as I didn't have to read it again during school, rather I just skimmed through it doing my own individual analysis.

matchalolz

HSC
Justem is an english lover.

Not really tbh. But then again, I read my prescribed text in the holidays so it was much easier for me as I didn't have to read it again during school, rather I just skimmed through it doing my individual analysis.
ever since school has started i've literally had to write a piece of work for english per week! i've done a reflection, a short story, then a speech, then another reflection for english extension. i'm now writing an analysis of my related texts, will then proceed to write my practice essay, just in time for my first assessment in week 8 eek! :hammer:

Audranda

HSC
English Advanced is somewhat manageable in my opinion, however EE1 is overwhelming - the amount of readings each week received for analysis and future assessment.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
ever since school has started i've literally had to write a piece of work for english per week! i've done a reflection, a short story, then a speech, then another reflection for english extension. i'm now writing an analysis of my related texts, will then proceed to write my practice essay, just in time for my first assessment in week 8 eek! :hammer:
Ouch. All I've done is the comprehension homework for my prescribed text allocated every week, written a short story, already acquired my related texts, and I've started studying for my first assessment task next Tuesday by finding quotes and techniques.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Ouch. All I've done is the comprehension homework for my prescribed text allocated every week, written a short story, already acquired my related texts, and I've started studying for my first assessment task next Tuesday by finding quotes and techniques.
Great progress for English nonetheless.

matchalolz

HSC
on top of all that i have also analysed and made some notes on my prescribed text and texts from the stimulus booklet. sighs. for me: school - english = no stress lolz

good luck with your assessment task by the way :spin:

matchalolz

HSC
English Advanced is somewhat manageable in my opinion, however EE1 is overwhelming - the amount of readings each week received for analysis and future assessment.
this as well. i literally have a stack of english texts on my desk from both english advanced and extension and its about to topple over...

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
on top of all that i have also analysed and made some notes on my prescribed text and texts from the stimulus booklet. sighs. for me: school - english = no stress lolz

good luck with your assessment task by the way :spin:
Lol, true.

Cheers! :)

Great progress for English nonetheless.
What progress have you made for English so far over the course of this term?

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Lol, true.

Cheers! :)

What progress have you made for English so far over the course of this term?
Some comprehension from past hsc papers, analysed set text, analysed related 2 texts, one short story, DVD cover analysis and that's all :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)