Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
So sick today so I stayed home and all I've been doing is :sleep: ing . I'm missing out on a double math today as well as some other subjects, which means I'll have to catch up on so much :rage:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So sick today so I stayed home and all I've been doing is :sleep: ing . I'm missing out on a double math today as well as some other subjects, which means I'll have to catch up on so much :rage:
Don't think about what you are missing out too much, if you worry excessively, it does not assist you to recover quicker, for now, just make sure you rest well, drink plenty of water and go to the doctor if you need to-I hope you will get well soon:)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I really disliked English, it was the cause for a lot of my studying worries in Year 12.

I mean you can easily study Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics etc because there's a set list of things you need to know. Generally, the more you study it, the better you get.

In English, you could be studying for it and get nowhere or wind up with a 14/20.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I really disliked English, it was the cause for a lot of my studying worries in Year 12.

I mean you can easily study Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics etc because there's a set list of things you need to know. Generally, the more you study it, the better you get.

In English, you could be studying for it and get nowhere or wind up with a 14/20.
I can understand why the subjective nature inherent in any English related courses can leave one confused and frustrated. I think in English, if one is able to study smart and study consistently, they can achieve a band 6-they just need to know the right structure of studying and commit to a consistent study regime over a prolonged period of time, for example, in English-improvements are usually much slower than other subjects, so it may take much more time before progress can be seen from the investment of time and effort put.

Since results are closely correlated with one's attitude, I wish to remind all current year 11's to ensure they do try their best to develop a positive attitude to English as it is possible since English is compulsory in the calculation of ATAR, which contributes to your chances of getting into the university degree you desire:)

Daniellemc

HSC
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394164835.637808.jpg does anyone know what the yellow highlighted question is asking me to answer?....

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Got my maths test back and I got 65%. Not happy at all with myself. :(

Don't know whether I can cope with Mathematics now...

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Got recommended for a public speaking competition can't wait!!!!

enoilgam

HSC
Got my maths test back and I got 65%. Not happy at all with myself. :(

Don't know whether I can cope with Mathematics now...
I got 55% in my first 2U exam - they are usually designed to be hard in order to encourage the struggling students to drop.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I got 55% in my first 2U exam - they are usually designed to be hard in order to encourage the struggling students to drop.
Same :( got 77% on my first test but apparently they made it hard on purpose

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
But I don't struggle with the course, and yet I did shit.
Hey don't worry man you got plenty of time to improve + Congratulations on your mark dude!

You probably got nervous and just choked, its happened to me before and I absolutely hate it because the questions I get wrong are absolutely ridiculous -_-

Apologies if this invades your privacy but what did you get wrong in the test?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Hey don't worry man you got plenty of time to improve + Congratulations on your mark dude!

You probably got nervous and just choked, its happened to me before and I absolutely hate it because the questions I get wrong are absolutely ridiculous -_-

Apologies if this invades your privacy but what did you get wrong in the test?
Most of missed marks were due to silly mistakes which really pisses me off so much. But tbh, I didn't study as much as I hoped I would so that was kinda my fault.

Maybe the exam was just difficult, how did other people go?
It was a tricky test, just didn't expect to do so average. There are two Mathematics classes and no one in my class did phenomenal, whereas the other class did exceptional, it's quite depressing really.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
If it's not too much trouble can someone link me Preliminary Mathematics Papers (With basic number, basic algebra, equations and inequations and simultaneous equations), I've got an upcoming Assessment Task :/, It would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)