Not open for further replies.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Awkward moment when you find a 2U practice paper harder than a 3U one :'(

Simran-

HSC
Wow so much >.<

I hope you realise that I was being sarcastic about my productivity these holidays. :p
In truth I haven't really done a thing. All I have done is written study notes for biology. I haven't studied them yet and I haven't studied for any of my other subjects either. My first exam on Tuesday is my English exam and I haven't done a thing for that. I was hoping to try and get some study for that done today actually :3

I am truly the worst :') Haven't really had any motivation these holidays. Last term was so full on I just really wanted a break from thinking about school altogether. :(
Do you have half yearlies first day back?
Im so unmotivated to do anything :/
Im just not bothered...just wanna relax. But there's no escape from the mounting workload :(
Last term was 11 weeks, this term is 9 weeks....so hopefully we should get through it.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Do you have half yearlies first day back?
Im so unmotivated to do anything :/
Im just not bothered...just wanna relax. But there's no escape from the mounting workload :(
Last term was 11 weeks, this term is 9 weeks....so hopefully we should get through it.
yup, form day 1 of term 2 till the end of week 2 we have exams :/
i have done absolutely nothing all holidays D:
thats the exact same with me, i just wanted to relax after that killer first term!

anyone know how i can remember 20+ quotes for english? I have like 6 poems and my teacher said we should know a few from each of them and know two poems in more detail. Plus i have to remember stuff for my related material. I just don't know how I'm meant to remember over 20 quotes by Tuesday @_@ why did i leave it so late? :'(

rawrliongirl

HSC
Anyone else feel as if these holidays have gone too fast?
hell yeah, they've gone waaaay too fast :( and my sleeping pattern is now f*cked as well :| I didn't sleep till nearly 3am this morning... T_T I'm so screwed for these exams.. :(

Simran-

HSC
yup, form day 1 of term 2 till the end of week 2 we have exams :/
i have done absolutely nothing all holidays D:
thats the exact same with me, i just wanted to relax after that killer first term!

anyone know how i can remember 20+ quotes for english? I have like 6 poems and my teacher said we should know a few from each of them and know two poems in more detail. Plus i have to remember stuff for my related material. I just don't know how I'm meant to remember over 20 quotes by Tuesday @_@ why did i leave it so late? :'(
poor you :(
its really stressful having exams first day back. My exams are all over the term. I have maths in week 2 on friday, bio in week 4 and the rest idk :p
term 2 is just 9 weeks....and it always goes really fast due to exams/assignments/reports etc.

i usually just memorise the quotes by repeatedly going over them and reciting them without looking at them. that usually works for me. whats ur related material?

IcyRain

HSC
Finally finished legal.
The last question was to assess
Is it alright that i argued both sides of an argument and then in the conclusion chose one side?

rawrliongirl

HSC
poor you :(
its really stressful having exams first day back. My exams are all over the term. I have maths in week 2 on friday, bio in week 4 and the rest idk :p
term 2 is just 9 weeks....and it always goes really fast due to exams/assignments/reports etc.

i usually just memorise the quotes by repeatedly going over them and reciting them without looking at them. that usually works for me. whats ur related material?
I have 3 exams next week and then 3 the next week.
ahh and when this term is over that means we only have one more term of year 11 O.O
Oh ok, i'll try just reading them over and over and stuff.
The teacher chose 2 related materials for us which we analysed in class. One was a music video for the song Hero of War by Rise Against and the other was a picture book "The Arrival" by Shaun Tan. He said if we wanted to we could go off and find our own as well, but I wasn't bothered to.

Simran-

HSC
Finally finished legal.
The last question was to assess
Is it alright that i argued both sides of an argument and then in the conclusion chose one side?
You have to argue both sides of the argument but try to put more emphasis on the side you support. So that depends on whether you are for or against the statement. In the conclusion you basically reinforce the argument and sum up your essay.

Simran-

HSC
I have 3 exams next week and then 3 the next week.
ahh and when this term is over that means we only have one more term of year 11 O.O
Oh ok, i'll try just reading them over and over and stuff.
The teacher chose 2 related materials for us which we analysed in class. One was a music video for the song Hero of War by Rise Against and the other was a picture book "The Arrival" by Shaun Tan. He said if we wanted to we could go off and find our own as well, but I wasn't bothered to.
Yep....only 1 more term left of year 11 after term 2! :O
It kinda worries me to think that we will be in year 12 in term 4! Like, where did year 11 go??? It started and finished so quick.
Normally, its advised to look for your own related text and not go off what the teacher says coz everyone does the text the teacher did. But if you choose something else, you will stand out and that way it works in your favour when the teacher marks your work as he/she can not compare your work to another student's and deduct marks :)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Yep....only 1 more term left of year 11 after term 2! :O
It kinda worries me to think that we will be in year 12 in term 4! Like, where did year 11 go??? It started and finished so quick.
Normally, its advised to look for your own related text and not go off what the teacher says coz everyone does the text the teacher did. But if you choose something else, you will stand out and that way it works in your favour when the teacher marks your work as he/she can not compare your work to another student's and deduct marks :)
ah i know aye? Im so scared to go in year 12. To be honest, I kinda don't want to grow up :'( everything recently has just gone so quick, i have no time to really enjoy myself and do all the things I want to do :(
I might look for my own related text for another exam. I've pretty much run out of time to do that for this exam. :| I should really stop leaving everything to the last minute :/

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
hell yeah, they've gone waaaay too fast :( and my sleeping pattern is now f*cked as well :| I didn't sleep till nearly 3am this morning... T_T I'm so screwed for these exams.. :(
Haha Tell Me About it :p

Here's my exam schedule:

Week 1:

Tuesday: Economics
Wednesday: Advanced English
Thursday: Mathematics Extension 1

Week 2:

Monday: Business Studies
Tuesday: Physics
Wednesday: Mathematics
Friday: Chemistry

Simran-

HSC
ah i know aye? Im so scared to go in year 12. To be honest, I kinda don't want to grow up :'( everything recently has just gone so quick, i have no time to really enjoy myself and do all the things I want to do :(
I might look for my own related text for another exam. I've pretty much run out of time to do that for this exam. :| I should really stop leaving everything to the last minute :/
I dont want to go into year 12 either :( It just scares me.....the pressure to do well, family and teacher expectations, competing with everyone in your cohort, stress, the fear of stuffing up ONE assessment, ranks, trials, internal marks.....ughhhh!! Sometimes I wish, that why do we need to go through year 12? Why can't we straight away get into the course we want to? Why put all that pressure on us and stress us out? Sometimes I get just get fed up of my life :/
Yes! It feels like just yesterday I was in year 7 and now Im all grown up and in year 11!

That's what happened with me last term I had to use the teacher's related text coz I couldn't find one in time due to soooo many assessments all due at once >.<
But next time, I'm definitely gonna look for my own related text.

Simran-

HSC
Haha Tell Me About it :p

Here's my exam schedule:

Week 1:

Tuesday: Economics
Wednesday: Advanced English
Thursday: Mathematics Extension 1

Week 2:

Monday: Business Studies
Tuesday: Physics
Wednesday: Mathematics
Friday: Chemistry
That's gonna be a really hectic time for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)