Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
Yeah ive tried a lot of languages but i know python the most. I also coded a small game for android but its not done yet since I don't have time. I used GM:Studio though and not java. Which uni do you want to attend? Also you're male right? Lol. If you are a girl I will be really surprised.
actually, i am a girl lol. :lol: but i understand coz it's so rare for girls to program. i know a tiny bit of python and a decent amount of C. if it's commerce i want to go to UNSW. not really sure which uni is the best for computers though.

turntaker

HSC
actually, i am a girl lol. :lol: but i understand coz it's so rare for girls to program. i know a tiny bit of python and a decent amount of C. if it's commerce i want to go to UNSW. not really sure which uni is the best for computers though.
Oh wow! Yeah it is rare haha. UNSW is best for computing in NSW. And after that I would say UTS

matchalolz

HSC
Oh wow! Yeah it is rare haha. UNSW is best for computing in NSW. And after that I would say UTS
will take that into consideration when i'm deciding on what course/which uni then! also, i think UNSW has another course called information systems, but doesn't seem to have a course called information technology like UTS does. do you happen to know the difference between these courses? it's fine if u don't though, we still have plenty of time before selecting preferences phew

are you leaning more towards comp sci or commerce?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
UTS is decent for comp sci

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
hey, ur doing IT at UTS right? do u learn how to program? if so, which languages?
Indeed.

Umm java is the choice of language and you start from the basics. We use blue J for the application development profram

I'd say it moves pretty quick though

Last edited:

matchalolz

HSC
Indeed.

Umm java is the choice of language and you start from the basics. We use blue J for the application development profram

I'd say it moves pretty quick though
aahh i see, never tried java, might explore it sometime. is IT different from computer science?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
aahh i see, never tried java, might explore it sometime. is IT different from computer science?
Umm

iT is learning about information technology, such as networking, database management and producing diagrams for system processes

Computer science is more on the doing side, where you develop programs and software.... More coding, logic, algorithms. Etc

matchalolz

HSC
Umm

iT is learning about information technology, such as networking, database management and producing diagrams for system processes

Computer science is more on the doing side, where you develop programs and software.... More coding, logic, algorithms. Etc
oh i see thanks for the info

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
not sure how getting a mid 80's to low 90s atar estimate is raping it lmao
You gonna let some sh*tty estimate define what ATAR you'll actually get?

F*ck that.

It's just an estimate, which is an approximation, meaning that it will never be spot on

My friend got an ATAR estimate of 89 and he wasn't willing to accept this so he gunned it all the way for the remainder of Year 12 and ended up getting an ATAR of 96.75.

So keep in mind that it's just an estimate and not the real thing :D

rawrliongirl

HSC
still trying to mentally prepare myself to return to that hole tomorrow.. :( so not ready :'(

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
still trying to mentally prepare myself to return to that hole tomorrow.. :( so not ready :'(
Haha I still have Monday off and then I get some of my results back the moment I go to school on Tuesday :/

Sh*tting myself in regards to what ranks I'll get :/

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I'm actually slightly keen to get back :D

I didn't really talk to friends during the two week exam period and if I did it would be about the test we had just done :/

And I'd prefer going back to normal classes rather than rocking up to school for 2 hours and then doing another test the next day or two and then repeating that for two weeks

flyingmwa

HSC
Hey guys! So whatz everyone been up to?
Lets start with me:
Had the most embarrassing day yesterday...omg
But today was gud! Mothers day and all so we went out! Yay!
Now gotta catch up on the work that I missed :(

rawrliongirl

HSC

I didn't really talk to friends during the two week exam period and if I did it would be about the test we had just done :/

And I'd prefer going back to normal classes rather than rocking up to school for 2 hours and then doing another test the next day or two and then repeating that for two weeks
really? haha. I didnt really talk to my friends either but idk, i didnt seem to miss it too much.
I prefer going to school for 2 hours aha, at least I got days off and got to go home early xD xD it's fun not going to school hehehehe :3

rawrliongirl

HSC
Hey guys! So whatz everyone been up to?
Lets start with me:
Had the most embarrassing day yesterday...omg
But today was gud! Mothers day and all so we went out! Yay!
Now gotta catch up on the work that I missed :(
herrooo!
I helped my brother write a speech today T_T
My nan came over for morning tea and that's about it. I basically did nothing useful all day :(

what was embarrassing?!?!

flyingmwa

HSC
herrooo!
I helped my brother write a speech today T_T
My nan came over for morning tea and that's about it. I basically did nothing useful all day :(

what was embarrassing?!?!
Oh thats soo cool!

The most awkwards dares and when they shared it publicly omg.....

flyingmwa

HSC

I know ur snapchat.....
But it will be kinda awks if I add ya! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)