Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Okay guys I currently love maths more than English and I think I'll always do. Although, as said before they are equally important and serve entirely different purposes.
But you know, everybody be hatin' on maths here (except for the odd 1 or 2 bros) so I'm going to make my point (I like arguments, just sayin')

Ahem, according to linguists, there are about 1500 different languages spoken in the world today (English being the dominant one). And while no one would suggest that this multiplicity of tongues is the only reason for there being so little unity in the world, it certainly interferes with there being more cooperation.
However, as measured by the millions of those who speak it fluently and by the historic consequences of their unified efforts, mathematics is arguably the most successful global language spoken. It has made electricity, airplanes, landing a man on the moon and medicine all earthshaking accomplishments (where would we be without the Internet?).
In the language of mathematics, equations are like poetry. They state truths with unique precision, convey volumes of information in rather brief terms, and often are difficult for the uninitiated to comprehend. And just as conventional poetry helps us to see deep within ourselves, mathematical poetry helps us to see far beyond ourselves-if not all the way up to heaven, then at least out to the brink of the visible universe.
In attempting to distinguish between prose and poetry, Robert Frost once suggested that a poem, by definition, is a pithy form of expression that can never be truly translated. The same can be said for mathematics: It is impossible to understand the true meaning of an equation , or to appreciate it's beauty, unless it is read in the delightfully quirky language in which it was penned.

Suck on that Justem. And by the way, without maths, those words such as parabola, etc would not even exist. Man, we could have called them anything, like dim sum or something. Lol, jokes.

Again guys, I am not downgrading English or implying that it is inferior to maths. I love both but I just like maths more. And I also want to make fun of Em (but I still love you bb :)).

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Good.

Now say all that with maths.

lavender1001

HSC
imagine how awesome it'd be if there were a zombie apocalypse.....
Now that would be fun, I imagined so many scenarios where it did actually happen. But if u think about, it, wouldnt be great because everyone u know will probs get turned into a zombie and you'll most likely will too. No more Internet, no more TV shows. Sed lyf.

flyingmwa

HSC
Random Question and totally irrelevant but...

Does anyone have the Sony Xperia Z?

If so do you think that the magnetic charger for Sony Xperia Z1 would work for Sony Xperia Z?
Idk but my sister just got one!

flyingmwa

HSC
Okay guys I currently love maths more than English and I think I'll always do. Although, as said before they are equally important and serve entirely different purposes.
But you know, everybody be hatin' on maths here (except for the odd 1 or 2 bros) so I'm going to make my point (I like arguments, just sayin')

Ahem, according to linguists, there are about 1500 different languages spoken in the world today (English being the dominant one). And while no one would suggest that this multiplicity of tongues is the only reason for there being so little unity in the world, it certainly interferes with there being more cooperation.
However, as measured by the millions of those who speak it fluently and by the historic consequences of their unified efforts, mathematics is arguably the most successful global language spoken. It has made electricity, airplanes, landing a man on the moon and medicine all earthshaking accomplishments (where would we be without the Internet?).
In the language of mathematics, equations are like poetry. They state truths with unique precision, convey volumes of information in rather brief terms, and often are difficult for the uninitiated to comprehend. And just as conventional poetry helps us to see deep within ourselves, mathematical poetry helps us to see far beyond ourselves-if not all the way up to heaven, then at least out to the brink of the visible universe.
In attempting to distinguish between prose and poetry, Robert Frost once suggested that a poem, by definition, is a pithy form of expression that can never be truly translated. The same can be said for mathematics: It is impossible to understand the true meaning of an equation , or to appreciate it's beauty, unless it is read in the delightfully quirky language in which it was penned.

Suck on that Justem. And by the way, without maths, those words such as parabola, etc would not even exist. Man, we could have called them anything, like dim sum or something. Lol, jokes.

Again guys, I am not downgrading English or implying that it is inferior to maths. I love both but I just like maths more. And I also want to make fun of Em (but I still love you bb :)).

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
I love you so much bby!

flyingmwa

HSC
Guys maths and english are both equally important in this world. Our current world needs both the subjects to function but along with that it also needs science, history and geography. One subject is not more important than the other in the world but it is more important to one person. One may like a subject more therefore it might be more important to them! So relax! Summing up what I basically said is maths = english. Though I would like to say in my perceptipn maths > english! But hey everyone has different point of views! :)

Fiction

HSC
Ni hao! Wo jiao Ellie, ni men ke yi jiao wo tingting~ Jin tian, you hen duo yue :c Hen leng DD: Wo de danao fangpi le :p / 你好 我叫ellie, 你们 可以叫我亭亭 ~ 今天下雨了很多。 :c 很冷DD: 我的大脑放屁了 : p

lavender1001

HSC
Ni hao! Wo jiao Ellie, ni men ke yi jiao wo tingting~ Jin tian, you hen duo yue :c Hen leng DD: Wo de danao fangpi le :p / 你好 我叫ellie, 你们 可以叫我亭亭 ~ 今天下雨了很多。 :c 很冷DD: 我的大脑放屁了 : p
Ni hao! Is your name Ellie? Lol :)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
English translation please :3

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Ni hao, Ellie ? Shi, jian tian hen leng . (I'm trying lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)