Year 11 2014 Chat :) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
Why does ext1 take so long to do... :(
i think i would be doing fine if I kept up with all my homework from the start :( trying to finish off a months worth of homework is no fun at all T.T

turntaker

HSC
i don't write notes for my subjects, only doing questions and past papers.
yeah I don't think I will write notes for prelim. My subject notes are already summarised. I just highlight the important parts and try and actually understand the concepts in depth and then do a lot questions.

turntaker

HSC
I think for Science subjects (other than Biology) and maths it is more important to understand the content and do questions rather than write notes.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I think for Science subjects (other than Biology) and maths it is more important to understand the content and do questions rather than write notes.
How would you know if you fully understood the content?

matchalolz

HSC
i think that writing notes is important but doing questions is even more important. the trick is to finish your notes ASAP and don't spend too much time on them. In the worst case scenario if I don't have time to write notes, i just read through the textbook and highlight, then do multiple choice questions to warm up and then move on to questions and essays. I did this for business studies and economics and it worked pretty well, I don't do science though lol. If you pay attention in class, even if it's just half the time like me, you'll retain some of the content anyways.

Simran-

HSC
I hand write my notes and feel like dying, wait you know what I'll show you the folder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same, I hand write my notes!
I totally feel you, especially writing notes for Bio! :(

Simran-

HSC
thanks ;) although my handwriting looks nothing like that in an exam
Same here.
My handwriting starts of really nice...and as time runs out my handwriting starts becoming crappy.
I feel sorry for teachers who have to read my exams.

matchalolz

HSC
20 PAGES OOOOOOFFFFTT. I have hardly made any study notes this holidays. Just did homework...:/
Same... I've been catching up on all the maths homework I never bothered to do last term ;( although i'm starting to get a little bit sick of maths so I might write some notes today

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Do you memorise notes or go straight to past papers?
Memorise notes first

Because as I go through them I make sure I understand the content and know where to apply it

Then I do past papers

If I find something in there I'm not sure about I'll refer back to my notes and if it's not there I'll refer to the sample answer and then put it into my notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)