• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I dare you to post it right now and prove me right
How does a close reading of T.S. Eliot' The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock enhance your understanding of the modernist movement?

In your response, include detailed analysis of the text.

At the crux of T.S. Eliot’s poem The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock lies the dynamic exploration of human nature and morality, alongside Prufrock’s psychological malady, which enhances my own understanding of the early modernist movement. It is principally Eliot’s use and control of language, content, construction that shows his unique confrontation of universal thematic concerns such as uncertainty, fragmentation and debasement, which propels the poem towards its irresolution. The coalescence of symbolism and Prufrock’s moral afflictions act as T.S. Eliot’s vessel for his insightful perception on the intricacies of the human condition, thus imbuing Prufrock with a rich textual integrity that allows the transcendence of its modernist context and its continuing conceptual relevance to modern society and existence.

come on, that's shittiest thing ever written

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
How does a close reading of T.S. Eliot' The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock enhance your understanding of the modernist movement?

At the crux of T.S. Eliot’s poem The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock lies the dynamic exploration of human nature and morality, alongside Prufrock’s psychological malady, which enhances my own understanding of the early modernist movement. It is principally Eliot’s use and control of language, content, construction that shows his unique confrontation of universal thematic concerns such as uncertainty, fragmentation and debasement, which propels the poem towards its irresolution. The coalescence of symbolism and Prufrock’s moral afflictions act as T.S. Eliot’s vessel for his insightful perception on the intricacies of the human condition, thus imbuing Prufrock with a rich textual integrity that allows the transcendence of its modernist context and its continuing conceptual relevance to modern society and existence.

Aside from the fact that it's in first person that's bloody good.

Crisium, you have got to agree with me.

Last edited:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Aside from the fact that it's first person that's bloody good.

Crisium, you have got to agree with me.
it's module b, you're allowed to have your own interpretation, i.e. I and me - but make sure they're used sporadically; twice in the intro max, maybe twice spread out around the body, and definitely just once in the conclusion

Generally speaking, the more ‘I’s and ‘me’s in your essay, the less sophisticated it sounds, so make them count.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
it's module b, you're allowed to have your own interpretation, i.e. I and me - but make sure they're used sporadically; twice in the intro max, maybe twice spread out around the body, and definitely just once in the conclusion

Generally speaking, the more ‘I’s and ‘me’s in your essay, the less sophisticated it sounds, so make them count.
I hate writing in first person idk why but I love your writing, seriously it's a really good start to a fantabulous essay :)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

If that's the shittiest I'd love to see your best

Other than that, that was absolutely amazing

Try to avoid speaking in first person though :D

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

See:

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC

Seeeeeeeee ..? Tell me it makes you feel shitty - my writing is nothing compared to that sophistication - in in awe.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Seeeeeeeee ..? Tell me it makes you feel shitty - my writing is nothing compared to that sophistication - in in awe.
* I'm in awe (Sorry for being a grammar nazi)

But yeah that does make me feel shitty

Hawk what school do you go to (That is if you don't mind me asking) ?

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC

ya grammar nazi

Oh wait I just remembered that I told u my school lel

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
dw, my writing was horrendous at the beginning of year 11 but somehow English finally clicked and I've improved exponentially over time.

I'm sure it'll happen to you sooner or later. :)

PM'ed

Well I guess you learn something everyday

I refrain from doing so as I feel as if first person references do not fit into an essay
Yeah, generally incorporate third person, Module B is the only time it's appropriate to use 1st (but don't do it for the other modules and AOS).

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
dw, my writing was horrendous at the beginning of year 11 but somehow English finally clicked and I've improved exponentially over time.

I'm sure it'll happen to you sooner or later. :)

PM'ed

Yeah, generally incorporate third person, Module B is the only time it's appropriate to use 1st (but don't do it for the other modules and AOS).
:'( I can only hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)