Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
year 7-10 science and maths was easy and was fun.. i used to do very little study but now heaps. At least school will be over soon..
And then you will have uni, where there will be lots more days of cramming, stressing for finals .... Of which will be repeated twice a year

Yeah ... Uni is like the HSc , except twice a year

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
And then you will have uni, where there will be lots more days of cramming, stressing for finals .... Of which will be repeated twice a year

That makes me feel so 'much better'

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks! I use Conquering Chemistry too- it's pretty good, but I am still confused about some topics. Hopefully the Excel study guide will concrete what Conquering Chemistry teaches, but I rarely can be bothered to actually pick it up and do all the exercises. Lazy me :)
Try Jacaranda chemistry-it might fill in gaps that other chemistry textbooks have. Chemistry really is a subject that one learns by doing-so even if you don't have enough time to do all the exercises, try to do some of the exercises-a little bit each day-one at a time:)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Actually, the stressing and cramming part isn't that bad, it is the fact that uni only has two semesters which makes the semester drags on and on...

matchalolz

HSC
i hate school so much, all i want is to have a really nice house when I grow up and to live happily. why do I have to suffer through school?!?!

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
i hate school so much, all i want is to have a really nice house when I grow up and to live happily. why do I have to suffer through school?!?!
You know? School isn't so bad, it's just that you are in a negative frame of thinking.

You should just accept life as it is, and think about all the good aspects, rather than focusing on all the "bad" aspects. (This applies to pretty much everything in life)

Instead of thinking .... "School is so bad" ....
Think ...." I have a chance of an education, to learn what I want to learn, and to make friends "

Last edited:

matchalolz

HSC
You know? School isn't so bad, it's just that you are in a negative frame of thinking.

You should just accept life as it is, and think about all the good aspects, rather than focusing on all the "bad" aspects. (This applies to pretty much everything in life)

Instead of thinking .... "School is so bad" ....
Think ...." I have a chance of an education, to learn what I want to learn, and to make friends "
that's true I guess, i'll have to put up with it for now :'(

i like the freedom of uni better, no one pushing you around, you can do whatever you want, nice balance etc. (and yes I have experienced uni before)
plus you actually get to choose what you actually want to do in uni (although I still have no idea of what i want :/)

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
that's true I guess, i'll have to put up with it for now :'(

i like the freedom of uni better, no one pushing you around, you can do whatever you want, nice balance etc. (and yes I have experienced uni before)
plus you actually get to choose what you actually want to do in uni (although I still have no idea of what i want :/)
Good.

Now hold your head up high and shout "I can get through this!"

:awesome:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
i swear I've learnt enough already :/ I know how to do maths needed for everyday life, and I know how to put together coherent sentences to express myself
There's more to school than that. Here's why:

- You appreciate the ability to critically think, which not only applies to a microcosm, but also in the real world.
- The subjects you do aren't just for knowledge, they're pathways for further education.
- Opportunities are endless. School captain, debating team, SRC, etc.
- The friendships you foster with fellow peers and teachers are great because they support you.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
There's more to school than that. Here's why:

- You appreciate the ability to critically think, which not only applies to a microcosm, but also in the real world.
- The subjects you do aren't just for knowledge, they're pathways for further education.
- Opportunities are endless. School captain, debating team, SRC, etc.
- The friendships you foster with fellow peers and teachers are great because they support you.
This is exactly what goes through my mind every school morning :)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Oh, it also taught me how to accept, empathise and work with those I generally would have been quite contemptuous towards if I had gone to a more expensive private school or tried out for selective.

matchalolz

HSC
Oh, it also taught me how to accept, empathise and work with those I generally would have been quite contemptuous towards if I had gone to a more expensive private school or tried out for selective.
this is why I despise school :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)