• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
so pissed off right now, school is making me drop tafe course because it clashes with advanced english and the principal decided that we weren't allowed to miss out on a period of english to go to tafe because english is the only compulsory subject?!?! are they even allowed to do this? :(
now that i have to drop this course i have to pick up another subject to get to 12 units sheesh.

was thinking of picking up english extension because there is literally nothing else i want to do (eww science and health is out of the question because i hate it so much and legit fail it). also, i get a better teacher for advanced english if i change to extension, as they allocated the better teachers to the students who also took extension english. the problem is, i'm not sure if i can cope because i read books and stuff really slowly?? is that a really big problem? i think my essay writing is ok-ish (got 90 in yearly report), suck at creatives though lol

i also used to hate english until last year when i got a really awesome teacher who made me think english was ok, but with my current advanced teacher (if i dont pick up extension) i don't think i can stand going to classes OTL.

aiyaa, what do u guys think?

moving on... update from yesterday: decided to drop chemistry and take up japanese :D dont even know why i chose chemistry in the first place to be honest... and now doing no sciences trololololol
I'd say take up extension English, if you think you'll enjoy it with the right teacher it's worth a shot! Plus you'll gain valuable skills that'll help you with your other subs :) congrats on your essay writing mark!

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Re: The p00n thread

You're honestly such an inspiration, you're so amazing :D
Seconded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

IcyRain

HSC
Oh my god no you're like my English teacher, I've had her for the past two year ( this year as well) and she already told me I'm a band six English student and I'm like no. Do not put this pressure on me. Fetus cannot handle expectations.

I expect a band six from you in ext1 and/or ext2
If you state rank in Adv, ext 1, and or ext 2, you deserve a round of drinks ;)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Oh my god no you're like my English teacher, I've had her for the past two year ( this year as well) and she already told me I'm a band six English student and I'm like no. Do not put this pressure on me. Fetus cannot handle expectations.

Haha, I'm only kidding! Just put in your best effort and you'll do fine!

Haha, I want a band 6 in 2U - 3U is just too far for me.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC

I expect a band six from you in adv eng and ext 1 English. I also am expecting for hawkrider to get a band six in 2U and 3U maths or 3U and 4U maths !

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

IcyRain

HSC
Why only six for religion?? Isn't it fun ?
It's alright. We have a good teacher but I am not really interested in religion because to me it is just an excuse for the school to force me to do history. (SoR II feels heavily like a history sub)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Haha, I'm only kidding! Just put in your best effort and you'll do fine!

Haha, I want a band 6 in 2U - 3U is just too far for me.
I, as do many other bos users believe in you

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Speaking of band 6, what subjects do you guys wanna get them in?

For me, it's English Advanced, 2U maths and Biology. If I get a B6 in the others, I'd be stoked but that's unlikely, haha.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
It's alright. We have a good teacher but I am not really interested in religion because to me it is just an excuse for the school to force me to do history. (SoR II feels heavily like a history sub)
Hmm pretty true, I've heard the content can become a bit dry sometimes as well

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I expect a band six from you in adv eng and ext 1 English. I also am expecting for hawkrider to get a band six in 2U and 3U maths or 3U and 4U maths !

Economics, Agriculture.

Thank you for your faith I'm me lovely , I will try but to succeed or not succeed that is the question

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

Economics, Agriculture.

Haha I wish for 3U and 4U (I might do the subject).

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC

For me, it's English Advanced, 2U maths and Biology. If I get a B6 in the others, I'd be stoked but that's unlikely, haha.
Ideally: everything
Reality: nothing

ivorybranches

HSC
For the BOSers that are doing/did Biology and Economics which do you prefer? I'm considering dropping economics for biology but I'm not too sure.

IcyRain

HSC
Hoping for a band 6 in Legal Studies and Biology (...hoping)

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC

I'd be happy with a B5 for adv english tbh.

Economics, Agriculture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)