Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Not at my school. It's all about having the right motives and values since it's a Christian school.
Wait, so you guys honestly think nothing about popularity when voting? I was told from a friend who transferred from an Anglican school that the who social and popularity thing got pretty rough there. Or maybe because it was a girls school.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Wait, so you guys honestly think nothing about popularity when voting? I was told from a friend who transferred from an Anglican school that the who social and popularity thing got pretty rough there. Or maybe because it was a girls school.
Probably because it was a girls school, girls are MEAN

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
There's some popularity involved but mainly it's to do with our motives.

Examine

same
HSC
People also play pretty dirty at my school for prefect/school captain.. They spread rumours to get to where they want to be, I don't really want to get involved tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+
In my school it wasn't that extreme, though it was definitely a popularity contest imo. (i remember there were people who cried because they didn't make it)

Despite that we still did a pretty good job in managing the school community/promoting school spirit so I don't think it matters ~too~ much just as long as the team is dedicated.

I encourage you all to try becoming a prefect. It was a really good experience to be involved in the school, assist with the organisation of events, dealing with raising funds for charities, etc. (blazers are pretty cool as well)

Also don't underestimate yourselves. I remember that I nearly didn't apply because I thought I'd never be voted in so when I did it was really surprising. You lose nothing from trying. :spin:

Last edited:

Want2bedoc

HSC
Hi guys!

Ok so When we did subject selection I was pretty confident in what I wanted to choose but as it got closer I made a bunch of changes and now I have kind of ruled it down but am wondering whether to do Physics or PDHPE. In subject selection I decided Physics as everyone said it scaled the best and I'm really aiming for a high ATAR but looking at the past exam papers PDHPE honestly looks a lot easier and is considerably shorter. I have previously done quite well in PDHPE tests and think I could go strongly in it, but I also did really well in science. So I guess my question is PDHPE looks great but is it going to cost me when it comes to scaling? I'm looking at doing medicine and PDHPE looks like a subject related to it but will I still get that high ATAR by taking it or am I better sticking with physics a subject I'm honestly not to keen about?!

Examine

same
HSC
Hi guys!

Ok so When we did subject selection I was pretty confident in what I wanted to choose but as it got closer I made a bunch of changes and now I have kind of ruled it down but am wondering whether to do Physics or PDHPE. In subject selection I decided Physics as everyone said it scaled the best and I'm really aiming for a high ATAR but looking at the past exam papers PDHPE honestly looks a lot easier and is considerably shorter. I have previously done quite well in PDHPE tests and think I could go strongly in it, but I also did really well in science. So I guess my question is PDHPE looks great but is it going to cost me when it comes to scaling? I'm looking at doing medicine and PDHPE looks like a subject related to it but will I still get that high ATAR by taking it or am I better sticking with physics a subject I'm honestly not to keen about?!
What ATAR do you consider to be high?

Last edited:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Hi guys!

I say do the subject you think YOU will perform best in personally, because at the end of the day even if you choose a 'higher' scaling subject and perform badly, it's not going to help. Better to choose the subject you're better in and perform well.

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
I say do the subject you think YOU will perform best in personally, because at the end of the day even if you choose a 'higher' scaling subject and perform badly, it's not going to help. Better to choose the subject you're better in and perform well.
Hence if your good at maths, do general instead of 4u and u'll get a high atar :p

Examine

same
HSC
Since he is aiming for med, i assume it would be about 99+
For most cases I usually recommend people to go with their strengths, the only problem is the limitation PD/H/PE has (only saying this because he is going for med).

Want2bedoc, do you think you can beat 99% of the people taking PD/H/PE (top 133 of the state)? Since you would need to do so if you want to achieve a HSC mark of 94 or over for PD/H/PE. (even then 94 which is the top 1% goes to 97.95 so in reality it is more like the top 80-100 for 95 or over)

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys!

You will find that PDHPE is not really relevant to medicine, but perhaps more relevant somewhat to nutrition, you are better off sticking with a subject you are confident you will do well in and put in all your effort in excelling in the subject. Don't waste your time doing a subject you are not keen, because you will end up dropping it or doing poorly in it and there is little point. By the way, welcome to bored of studies and best wishes for you to ace your senior studies:)

itsBozza

HSC
i hope when i do peer support it might open more opportunities for me to get involved in the school =/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)