Year 11 2014 Chat :) (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Haha I just realized this year I'm turning 17 on December 17th !

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
God how I envy you right now :p
8:45-3:25 for me roughly :mad:
No need to envy:)-don't your school also have school days where you have early leave?, i.e. finish school earlier than the normal concluding time?

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Just finished first day of school, here's how it went and what are my thoughts.

Period 1-2: All our cohort was called up to the library where we were given advice on how to cope with senior years. Then I was introduced to Year 7-8's in our home class, also handed our timetables even though I made one earlier.

Devotions: After that, all the year 9, 10, 11's entered the school hall to pick sports for the term.

Recess: Played some soccer, chilled with friends.

Period 3: Introduction to the Mathematics course and what the teacher expects. We went through some basic arithmetic which was pretty easy to do.

Lunch: Realised the lockers were already available to put our stuff in so I checked them and all the good ones were occupied meaning I had to pick an okayish one anyway.

Period 4: Went through expectations by our teacher on English Advanced.

Period 5: We looked into the Area of Study which was Changing Perspectives, and then we were given homework on an experience causing change that was due tomorrow, but I already finished it before class so I'm all sweet. :)

Period 6: Had my Biology class - also got introduced to teachers expectations, went through study tips and whatever. We then watched a video on angled fish which was voiced by this dude who swore a lot. After that, we did some work on the cell theory which I found to be pretty cool.

Overall, pretty relaxing first day of school, wasn't as daunting as I expected it to be. :)
Sounds ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

IcyRain

HSC
No need to envy:)-don't your school also have school days where you have early leave?, i.e. finish school earlier than the normal concluding time?
I believe so. I've seen a fair few seniors at my school leave early.

studded

HSC
I know the syllabus is straight forward and obvious, but I'm rather slow. What exactly does one look at to base notes on? Outcomes? They're all structured definitely. :spzz:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I know the syllabus is straight forward and obvious, but I'm rather slow. What exactly does one look at to base notes on? Outcomes? They're all structured definitely. :spzz:
Basically, you base your notes around the syllabus dot points. The dot points are sort of a guide for you to follow I'm terms of your knowledge, and note taking. You should be consolidating the dot points throughout the year and expanding them through information you receive from your class and any other resources. This should be accompanied by any diagrams and pictures as well.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
For some reason every time I see your icon I think the cat's crying

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Basically, you base your notes around the syllabus dot points. The dot points are sort of a guide for you to follow I'm terms of your knowledge, and note taking. You should be consolidating the dot points throughout the year and expanding them through information you receive from your class and any other resources. This should be accompanied by any diagrams and pictures as well.
This exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
GL to everyone starting yr 11 tomorrow !!!
Same to you ! Don't forget to report back after school tomorrow! I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and feelings after the first day :)

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

studded

HSC
Good luck everybody. School doesn't start for me until Thursday. The suspense grows one day more. :rudolf:

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Lucky you ! GL for Thursday!

Economics, Agriculture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)