Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
What r u guys currently learning in 2U maths? I'm learning basic arithmetic atm (FMD :mad2:) i.e Evaluate 2 + 1 x 3

we're just finishing the basic arithmetic topic...yeah the first few exercises were so easy.....but half this stuff in the later chapters ive never seen in my life :'( i feel so stupid bc i cant do them..actually, idk if this is 2U or 3U bc my class is the same for 2U and 3U (same teacher and classmates) so we are just working out of the book the teacher gave us and its the first chapter. but this basic arithmetic is meant to be "revision"..im finding some stuff hard :( :( ..i dont think i should be doing 3U:( i died doing fractional indices and i dont even understand what the heck absolute value is bc ive never seen it before.. I JUST FEEL SO DUMB :'(

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
we're just finishing the basic arithmetic topic...yeah the first few exercises were so easy.....but half this stuff in the later chapters ive never seen in my life :'( i feel so stupid bc i cant do them..actually, idk if this is 2U or 3U bc my class is the same for 2U and 3U (same teacher and classmates) so we are just working out of the book the teacher gave us and its the first chapter. but this basic arithmetic is meant to be "revision"..im finding some stuff hard :( :( ..i dont think i should be doing 3U:( i died doing fractional indices and i dont even understand what the heck absolute value is bc ive never seen it before.. I JUST FEEL SO DUMB :'(
Hey! Don't worry at all, you'll get the hang of it! Just a little tip if you're using Maths in Focus everything is 2U expect the stuff in green - that's 3U. Honestly just put in a little extra effort and you'll be smashing all those fractional indices, if you ever need any help don't hesitate to ask me or any other BOS user, no one thinks you're stupid :)

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Hey! Don't worry at all, you'll get the hang of it! Just a little tip if you're using Maths in Focus everything is 2U expect the stuff in green - that's 3U. Honestly just put in a little extra effort and you'll be smashing all those fractional indices, if you ever need any help don't hesitate to ask me or any other BOS user, no one thinks you're stupid :)
oh really? Yeah I'm using Maths In Focus.
hehe i hope so. maths has always been my worst subject :( it takes FOREVER for me to understand it most of the time, even when I had a tutor, it'd take me a while to understand it :(

itsBozza

HSC
Hey guys can someone please explain the energy transfers in communication of mobile to mobile, Home to home and mobile to home thanks. Quiz is tomoro =(

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Hey guys can someone please explain the energy transfers in communication of mobile to mobile, Home to home and mobile to home thanks. Quiz is tomoro =(
Shoot Anomalousdecay a PM. He'll be able of assistance.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Think about where the energy transfer "starts" at and analyse the detail from there. You would need to start with sound energy (mobile to mobile) and that gets converted by the phone into electromagnetic signals/energy and that EM energy is transferred from the source to the receiver, where the receiver's mobile phone receives the signals and "lights up" (converts into light energy) and when you pick up the phone, it becomes sound energy.

Similar processes for home to home and home to mobile.

http://webs.mn.catholic.edu.au/physics/emery/prelim_communication.htm

If you ever get lost, that site above rescued me during physics prelim :p There's a really good diagram online somewhere, I'll see if I can find it for you.

itsBozza

HSC
Think about where the energy transfer "starts" at and analyse the detail from there. You would need to start with sound energy (mobile to mobile) and that gets converted by the phone into electromagnetic signals/energy and that EM energy is transferred from the source to the receiver, where the receiver's mobile phone receives the signals and "lights up" (converts into light energy) and when you pick up the phone, it becomes sound energy.

Similar processes for home to home and home to mobile.

http://webs.mn.catholic.edu.au/physics/emery/prelim_communication.htm

If you ever get lost, that site above rescued me during physics prelim :p There's a really good diagram online somewhere, I'll see if I can find it for you.
Thank you so much! :)

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
My daily study regime now consists of maths and that's about it.
Like, the only stuff I do for my other subjects is reading my English text until I fall asleep

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
My daily study regime now consists of maths and that's about it.
Like, the only stuff I do for my other subjects is reading my English text until I fall asleep
What is your English text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)