Year 11 Advanced English - Area of Study (1 Viewer)

tigerian

HSC
N/A
WaterRat said:
Hello people,

I was just wondering what area of study you are doing for advanced 2 unit english. At my school we are doing the Individual and Society.

However, talking to a few friends of mine, none of them are doing the Individual and Society as an Area of Study, most of them were doing the study - Change.

So what Area of Study are you doing?

Ryan
I am an English HSC teacher and these comments are correct. You CANNOT study any area to do with the HSC until Term 4 this Year. You should make an enquiry to your school's director of studies immediately or your study will be in vain. If still in doubt check with the Board of Studies website and contact them.

Good luck
Ian

Last edited:

Lisa06

HSC
We are doing "Change" as our area of study and "Journeys" next year. We were also told we had no choice in the matter.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Lisa06 said:
We are doing "Change" as our area of study and "Journeys" next year. We were also told we had no choice in the matter.
The only choice involved with journeys is your school's choice on the type of journey. Your school picks it you dont get to say much about that either.

Ian

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Well Journeys for Year 12 cannot be changed, because that's the complusory HSC AOS for 2007, however, they are changing the HSC AOS for 2008.
Aw homo. Why couldn't they change it for us :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Agreed bad luck 08ers you will have to rely on your notes and the notes of other 08ers for AOS.

For those preliminary students that are struggling with AOS and Shakespeare deal with it as you will certainly have to do Shakespeare if in Advanced English for the HSC, then following the exams you can forget all!

The preliminary AOS at my school is Conflict!

heffo10

HSC
I am doing control its soo hard i mit drop advanced english coze i flunked my half yearlys in it i think shood i drop down to strandard now or wait till just before term 4?

HSC
heffo10 said:
I am doing control its soo hard i mit drop advanced english coze i flunked my half yearlys in it i think shood i drop down to strandard now or wait till just before term 4?
i don't know if this would help you.. but try to avoid spelling words like "mit" and "shood" when typing. you should try to get used to typing/writing words like they really are.

i'm not here to judge you because evry now n den, u mite catch me typing lyk dat.. :)

as wooz insisted, consult your teacher for advanced english. i'd try to hang in there for now and push myself really hard.

aimsz

Time To Excel
HSC
yea... at my school we did 'change'...
im so over change now

csuwai

BOS Member
HSC
Hope u succeed in Adv English.. Its kinda hard but i think u should manage it.. just keep up with class and ull be fine.. G'Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)