Year 11 Advanced English - Area of Study (1 Viewer)

WaterRat

HSC
Hey guys,

Yea i come from Smiths Hill High, Without Wings.

It seems that we must be the only school to be doing the individual and society for preliminary.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ha!

So I see Smiths Hill has stopped doing the ridiculous "Retrat from the global" for EE1...

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
We're(asquith boys) doing Control for Advanced and Modern Mythology for Extension. Can't remember the for texts for Adv. though.

jeniii

HSC
the human condition!!! T_T so friggn broad and there are like no notes anywhere

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
^Neither would I. @_@, lol
Sarah168 said:
what the hell? what's with all these schools studying topics and texts from the HSC syllabus??
I was told that iit was because of the new AOS coming in and they thought it was a waste just to throw away all the resources for the old AOS, in this case "Change" or whatever else so they decided to use them for the preliminary AOS. But I'm not sure.

elliekemp

HSC
im doing changing perspectives which is totally different to the rest of u. has anyone done a representation tast on changing perspectives?
:confused:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
m0ofin said:
^Neither would I. @_@, lol

I was told that iit was because of the new AOS coming in and they thought it was a waste just to throw away all the resources for the old AOS, in this case "Change" or whatever else so they decided to use them for the preliminary AOS. But I'm not sure.
I didn't mean the old HSC syllabus but things that are in the 06/07 syllabus.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I've already done three assessment tasks on the AoS 'Change', and now doing a website themed 'Changing Worlds'. Then Macbeth is waiting for me. And then...*checks*...Pride and Prejudice and a movie. Then the big prelim test. Ahh dammit. >.<'''

N

nakita7

is anyone doing changing perspective...i need supplementary material and not 2 like other classes and schools but 6. wtf am i going to do :burn:

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
yoakim said:
go othellooo!
I concur.
We're doing Othello as well. I don't know how it's related to our Area of Study though. Our AoS is Change .. we've finished changing perspectives and now we're reading Othello. My school is confusing.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
basketcase89 said:
I concur.
We're doing Othello as well. I don't know how it's related to our Area of Study though. Our AoS is Change .. we've finished changing perspectives and now we're reading Othello. My school is confusing.
othello is an awesome text for your aos which is change because so many characters in the play change! :)
such as:
-iago manipulates and decieves othello with such ease in which it changes othello's perspective of desdem negatively where consequences occur
-emilia's distrust in iago at the end
-roderigo's change in views towards iago as he finds out the he was used as a puppet
-othello's complete change in perspective towards iago after he finds out that he manipulated him and also used him as a puppet

basically most of the characters change, even the duke himself changes

Last edited:

kloe73

HSC
hey.. i'm new to this thing so bear with me,.....

i did change for my hsc prelim... it was pretty good.. i'm tutoring now and am just seeing what others are doing...
the girl i'm tutoring is doing othelo and some poetry now..
well good luck with your half yearly's...... dont stress out cos they aren't as bad as evryone says...
the only thing i will say is enjoy high school while you still have it...
later...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
w00t for teh macbeth!!!

+heart shakespeare. lawl :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)