Year 11 English Area of Study and texts (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nooooooooo.

What the hell is Identity?? Gosh.. School is so wacked...
Have you guys heard of Wild Cats Falling huh? I'm using an Aboriginal book for Identity..
Identity is a fairly good AoS. This is because it links in well with Belonging. :)

angelarr

HSC
My school's doing Relationships. Different classes focus on different texts, and my class are focusing on Japanese Story and White Teeth.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Nooooooooo.

What the hell is Identity?? Gosh.. School is so wacked...
Have you guys heard of Wild Cats Falling huh? I'm using an Aboriginal book for Identity..
I've read Wild Cats Falling, simply excellent concepts.

Becca93

HSC
Yeah I'm in a small counrty town 5 hours from sydney:jaw: and we're doing journeys too.

we have started picking orts now to go with our main which is Othello.

Subjects:
Art
English Advanced
Maths Advanced
Biology
Legal Studies
Geography
English Extension

Becca x

marcella1407

HSC
Same here, journeys. We've just picked our supp. texts & I've chosen The Picture of Dorain Gray & Heart of Darkness but I'm considering changing texts. Any suggestions? I really need some because I have an essay on each of the texts due monday morning!!!

:uhoh:

SUBJECTS
Advanced English
General Maths
Textiles
Ancient History
Modern History
Ext. English

Comp. Apps

favorite_colour

HSC
to right at school my class is doing journey and i swear if i hear amy teacher say"journey" again i think i may throw something at him

Name_Taken

HSC
Advanced; Journeys with "The Kite Runner" as perscribed text. IDK, its a really simple book I guess, but deep enough to write about, would have prefered something more advanced tho...

Extension; Revenge with "Medea" as a pescribed text. Its a bit unusual, being an Ancient Greek play and all, but its ok I guess.

Looking forward to Othello later this term tho :)

Last edited:

Rodger Gu

HSC
OK. I've been talking with my buddy at Sydney Boys High School, the 7th highest ranked school in the state, and he has informed me that he is doing 'Discovery' for his Advanced English Area of Study in Prelimenary. Now I'm doing 'Journeys' for Advanced English in Prelimenary but he is telling me that there is a syllabus out there saying that the prescribed area of study is in fact not 'Journeys' but 'Discovery'. I've looked at the syllabus on the Board of Studies and I've found nothing about a prescribed area of study. Is there one saying that 'Discovery' should be the prescribed area of study?

Thank you.
We are doing discovery aswell, at CTHS.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Advanced: POWER with 1984
Ext English: Can't remember topic but we're doing Dracula LOL.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
My class is doing "Individual and Society", it's so dry and boring :sleep:

stevey6404

HSC
Is everyone starting their Area of study already? Do most school spend all their preliminary doing their area of study?
My school doesn't start until like term 2! Is that normal?

tajche

HSC
im doing Couragee:), and apparently it's a new topic that they introduced only this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for texts related to courage?
Any help would be much appreciated:)

ShakSparrow

HSC
lol finally someone else who is doing Power.
lol, i know im also doing power, i badly need two related texts! im gonna die, i need to find em this weekend, i only have about a week till my assessment, aargh, i shouldn't have left it till last minute!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)