Year 11 General Maths SO FREAKING EASY (1 Viewer)

Tomdawgg

HSC
N/A
Okay so basically, i can complete mutliple chapters each lesson in this excel general maths text book we are using, it's all about interest, graphs/ how to group things etc Census, buying first car, then easy algebra questions, i can smash through these questions without the use of a calculator and the only reason im not doing advanced is because it isnt needed for my uni course im going for, so my question is why is it so easy? And does it get any harder? like all the other people in my class struggle on easy questions like find holiday loading pay when the annual income is 80,000, when the employee has 4 weeks holidays at 17.5% bonus, like they cant do that, or find 4% of 237... please someone help me :'(

DLMisme

HSC
Well if you wanted to do more challenging maths you should've done advanced. General is easy, it doesn't get a whole lot more difficult than it is now. But as Flop21 said, don't get stuck up and just slack off. There are kids like that in my class and a lot of them got a pretty rude shock when they got their test results back. Weren't as good as they thought, so still make sure you pay attention and study.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I would try to find harder textbook such as NCM or Mathsquest as the excel book is very basic application in my personal experience of looking at textbooks.

And It does get harder, and the wordy questions are designed to trick you so be careful

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Pretty sure excel sucks for most subjects. Except for success one books. Try using other textbooks for General. The only one I know is Cambridge but there's probably more.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Okay so basically, i can complete mutliple chapters each lesson in this excel general maths text book we are using, it's all about interest, graphs/ how to group things etc Census, buying first car, then easy algebra questions, i can smash through these questions without the use of a calculator and the only reason im not doing advanced is because it isnt needed for my uni course im going for, so my question is why is it so easy? And does it get any harder? like all the other people in my class struggle on easy questions like find holiday loading pay when the annual income is 80,000, when the employee has 4 weeks holidays at 17.5% bonus, like they cant do that, or find 4% of 237... please someone help me :'(
Lollll but that's good right? You can state rank!

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah as mentioned with General Maths - lots slack off since they think they're too good for it. It's a pretty worded based course which can get a bit confusing, which imo is the whole purpose of this course.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Only in Australia do you have an HSC-level Maths as simple and trivial as General Maths. Tomdawgg - in my view, you have made a unwise choice. You should have taken Maths 2U (so-called) Advanced, since you appear capable of handling it. Having an Advanced would come in handy, should you decide to do different uni course.

Last edited:

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
It's good if ur finding it boring cos that means u can get full marks and state rank :)

Raxxhel

HSC
N/A
General maths issue
Help, I have an issue, last year I didn't get a chance to do my general maths 2 assessment because I was sick and failed to provide a medical certificate which was worth 20%. However I did my half yearlies exam an I got 31% which was bad considering 50% of the people doing the course got below 50% and was worth 30%.
What am I risking myself?
What can I do?
What percentage should I get for my second assessment and trials.
Is there a chance I can still get band 5 or 6?

Thank you:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)