Year 11 stress... (1 Viewer)

uberturtle

HSC
you can wing the prelim course, its no biggy.
save your stress for year 12

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Aerath said:
English teachers shouldn't be checking your drafts anyway, because that means that they'd be helping you write your essays for you. It's liking having your Maths tutor next to you in your Yearly Maths exam.
They're allowed to as long as the essay has no direct relevance to the question of the assessment task at hand.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, ok, fair enough. But I'm assuming that Foram was talking about handing in an English assessment task before time, and asking the teacher to correct it; then later on, when the exam came about, all he would have to do is remember his essay word for word and get 15/15.

yeeshu

HSC
F-O-B said:
Pssh you can't talk yeeshu meeshu...I bet you were like full pro nerd to the maximum ggg!

Besides this is the year where you wanna try out different studying techniques n shiz..make all the mistakes u can. Why waste it by doing not taking it seriously...
well pizaaaa ur wrong:mad1:

i only went full pro nerd 2 weeks be4 my chem trial...and that was cuz it was hsc:p hahahah all the year 11 subs hardly got ne study time... but i did put a bit of effort in a week be4 each 1's exam...its better having put sum effort in and seeing how u go rather than jus winging the whole thing and getting nothing out of year 11:)

F-O-B

HSC
yeeshu said:
well pizaaaa ur wrong:mad1:

i only went full pro nerd 2 weeks be4 my chem trial...and that was cuz it was hsc:p hahahah all the year 11 subs hardly got ne study time... but i did put a bit of effort in a week be4 each 1's exam...its better having put sum effort in and seeing how u go rather than jus winging the whole thing and getting nothing out of year 11:)
Thanks dad...I totally feel like a changed person now :p

yeeshu

HSC
F-O-B said:
Thanks dad...I totally feel like a changed person now :p
good girl...now get off this useless forum and get on msn:wave:

Macca58

HSC
ive found there is alot more work this year then there was in year 10 although that could just be because i didnt do the work in year 10. ive only really started doing my school work properly since joining this sight about a week ago. it can be stressful looking at some of the people your up against also but if i put the work in im convinced i can get high marks.

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah...
we haven't got any marks back accept for maths.
I got 30.5/36 for the 2 unit course and EPIC FAILED the 3unit one (don't know what i got though)
to make this worse our teaches claims we haven't done any extension material yet. I picked all hard subjects and I don't have enough time to study them all so I don't really study at all.

Rosh1

HSC
aarrghhh

the stress is killer

i was tryin to study today but found myself crying because nothing would stick!!!!!

hw do i keep myself calm!!!
anyone got any tips??

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
When things like that happen - you should just take like a ten minute break, have a glass of water (or whatever), then sit back down again, and study for the next 30 - 50 minutes.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Rosh1 said:
aarrghhh

the stress is killer

i was tryin to study today but found myself crying because nothing would stick!!!!!

anyone got any tips??
Do something fun!

I occassinally listen to music and do stuff like that to get rid of stress!!! Try it!

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Rosh1 said:
aarrghhh

the stress is killer

anyone got any tips??
I know its a bad study technique but for regular/ easy study (reading, writing notes) I listen to music it seems to relax me alot.
For more intense work like Maths Ext. homework or writing English essays I get rid of the music.
Avoid giving yourself an excuse to get up (have a bottle of water with you, make sure you have all your notes when you sit down)
Set yourself a time that you are going to dedicate purely to study and set goals for example I tell myself "I'm going to study from 5-6 tonight on Chemistry."
If you dont feel up to it, have a break, then hit the books again, good luck.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
i can't dedicate myself to setting times like 5-6 for chemistry or someting. I always end up procrastinating. The best thing i do is procrastinate. The best way i found is to think "If i don't prepare for my test, i won't come 1st or 2nd" and that thought leads to "If i don't come 1st or 2nd, then i won't be able to point out how much smarter than others i am" and that leads to "I'm going to have to study, as soon as i can."

Thats how i make myself study, and it works, for me. =D You can try that too. Also, if you can't do a question in a test, just draw a sad face inplace of your answer, thats what i do. It makes me feel better.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
I know its a bad study technique but for regular/ easy study (reading, writing notes) I listen to music it seems to relax me alot.
For more intense work like Maths Ext. homework or writing English essays I get rid of the music.
Avoid giving yourself an excuse to get up (have a bottle of water with you, make sure you have all your notes when you sit down)
Set yourself a time that you are going to dedicate purely to study and set goals for example I tell myself "I'm going to study from 5-6 tonight on Chemistry."
If you dont feel up to it, have a break, then hit the books again, good luck.
Great idea!!!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
You can use music for artistic and creative inspiration in your essay lol.

Seamus733

HSC
1200+ students in my school are made up of y11-12. I found year 11 to much more stressful than I have found year 12 so far. My marks in year 11 were not what I was used to from year 10 - it's a real shock to find how high the standards actually are. But I'm finding year 12 much easier. I'm in the top 5% of English (standard) out of 298.

All I can say is work smart and from the syllabus. Revision is crucial and if you are doing a lot of calculation subjects (chemistry, physics, maths, etc), practice as many calc q's as possible. Always have personal, up to date and relevant notes (the notes on this site are an awesome basis).

hairspray

HSC
i actually find yr11 really enjoyable; i chose all the subjects that i really wanted to do so i don't find it that stressful. My marks are all in the 90's except for maths and english which are in the 80's. You might roll your eyes when you read this but: time management is the key to a non-stressful year of studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)