Year 11 Subject Selection - HSC (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Considering that you want to do Medicine, you are going to need a high ATAR (i.e. 99+), which means that you will need subjects which can facillitate that. Personally, I'm of the view that doing subjects you like and enjoy will give you the best chance - looking at your choices, you should be able to get 99. However, your subjects arent really the best scalers, meaning that you will have to do extremely well in them.

From my own research and speaking to Med students, HSC sciences arent really needed, but you need 2U maths. It seems logical that you would do sciences and higher maths for Medicine, but the lack of crossover makes it redundant. I always agree with drongoski in theory on this topic, but in practice, uni courses and HSC courses have little crossover.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want a high ATAR enough to get into med (i.e 99+) it's worth actually considering the scaling of your courses.

I reckon you probably should at least add a science...

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed, don't have any passion for science which is why I fall asleep during exams :p

I've fallen asleep in subjects that I've actually liked in junior years. I was just chronically sleep deprived out of my own stupidity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)