Year 11 Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

yej

HSC
Hi so my subject selections are due in soon... and I'm still undecided on my final one or two subjects. The ones I've mostly decided on so far are:
3u Maths
English Advanced
Physics
Chem
And I wanted to have 13 units for year 11 as I don't know how I'll like the rest of my subjects. Some subjects I'm considering are:
- society and culture ( I am interested in but the units my school teaches aren't that appealing to me + the PIP in year 12)
- economics (don't have much experience with but it uses skills like analytical thinking that I would like to think that I'm good at however the essays and content load scares me a bit)
- visual arts (I'm not very good at it + scales bad lmao but I would say I enjoy it probably more than a lot of my subjects)
- legal studies (idk whether i'd enjoy it but it seems a little interesting)
- geography (pretty neutral towards geography based on the topic but I reckon i could do well)

Overall I feel like I don't know what sort of things are involved with each subject. What do you guys recommend in terms of content load and balance?

beetree1

HSC
i think if youre worried about content and essays, all humanities have a similar amount to do, so keep that in mind. i think geography is more structured as all possible questions come from the syllabus - i lowkey wish i did it.
i dropped out of economics, it was bloody crazy. legal is okay, similar to geo

basically, i'd recommend either legal or geo

yej

HSC
Thanks for the reply- specifically what was unmanageable about economics? (the topics, info, essays, tests etc.) I'm just worried I don't know how much the workload will be next year. About geography I unfortunately don't particularly enjoy the environments/bio side which makes up like the majority of the course but I've heard that senior geography is a lot better than junior?

ColdMint123

HSC
I would also consider business studies, its a very easy subject and not that much of a load since 90% of its fairly logical. In terms of content its pretty much all memorisation and something you can definitely do over like 3 weeks. I guess the only negative is that it scales bad and is kinda boring.

3u math, phys, chem, english is definitely quite heavy, so if i were you i would pick a very chill subject (from what ive heard SAC and eco are NOT chill). Legal seems quite similar to business but i am not sure.

Good Luck :)

shashysha

HSC
I would also consider business studies, its a very easy subject and not that much of a load since 90% of its fairly logical. In terms of content its pretty much all memorisation and something you can definitely do over like 3 weeks. I guess the only negative is that it scales bad and is kinda boring.

3u math, phys, chem, english is definitely quite heavy, so if i were you i would pick a very chill subject (from what ive heard SAC and eco are NOT chill). Legal seems quite similar to business but i am not sure.

Good Luck :)
Can vouch for this. Doing 4u math physics and English but business as the chill subject has been a blessing. Straight memorisation and pretty easy to do well in if you want a subject that allows you to essentially relax.

yej

HSC
Unfortunately my school doesn’t offer business studies:( otherwise I probably would’ve chose it. Any other recommendations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)