Year 11 Subjects (1 Viewer)

occer

HSC
N/A
These look alright?

3U Maths (might drop down to 2 unit next year)
2U Modern History
2U French (might go up to extension next year)
2U Chemistry
2U Economics
2U English.

Chemistry, French, Modern and Economics are at least in 2 columns each s I should be good in getting all of the above :cool:

Things of concern: 3U maths might be a bit much but I think I'll cope (I'm in the 7th maths class, getting Credits and Passes with Merits), also I don't think I love French enough to go extension but you never know and I'm pretty good at it. I think my best science would be chem but I don't love the idea of Prac. tests :uhoh:. Also I've never done Economics but it seems to be interesting.

NoFaceValue

HSC
I'd say that's a pretty good mix.
You've covered:
A Maths (Ext 1)
A pure Humanity (History)
A Language (French)
A Science (Chemistry)
And a business/social Science subject (Economics)

You seem capable and you've chosen subjects that are prerequisites for many courses, scale well and I'm pressuming you have a level of talent and skill. Excellent choices in my opinion.

What are you planning to do at uni?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just try 3U, even if you drop what you learn in it will help your in 2U maths.

I hate chem prac tests too, but you learn to live with them - just do your best in them and ace the theory exams ^^

Modern history FTW! Lots of people who do both histories will agree with me :p

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Just try 3U, even if you drop what you learn in it will help your in 2U maths.

I hate chem prac tests too, but you learn to live with them - just do your best in them and ace the theory exams ^^

Modern history FTW! Lots of people who do both histories will agree with me :p
+1 (when I'm able to XD)

xMaFF

HSC
These look alright?

That's just like me!
Still unsure if I want to do math extension next year.
Let's give it a go.

annabackward's advice seems promising.

I feel like I want to do English Extension as well, but I don't think I can slot that in without being overworked next year xD
Any advice is much appreciated n__n

IndianPrideBby

HSC
ppl...gud 4 u... i am totalli DEAD!!!
wat do i choose?!?!
i hav ONE unit left!!!!
i choose food tech>>extra pressure!!!
WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!

([subjects r below])

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
That's just like me!
Still unsure if I want to do math extension next year.
Let's give it a go.

annabackward's advice seems promising.

I feel like I want to do English Extension as well, but I don't think I can slot that in without being overworked next year xD
Any advice is much appreciated n__n
Hmm, you are doing a lot of units. But if you really, really want to do it then you'll have no problems so long as you manage your time well.

By the way, 3U maths >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3U english, but i'm quite biased XD

ppl...gud 4 u... i am totalli DEAD!!!
wat do i choose?!?!
i hav ONE unit left!!!!
WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!

([subjects r below])
If you don't like having extra pressure, just pick the subject you'd like to do the most and drop it after year 12. Oh and btw, food tech isn't that much work anyway from what my friends tell me :)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
These look alright?

2U Modern History
2U French (might go up to extension next year)
2U Chemistry
2U Economics
2U English.

Chemistry, French, Modern and Economics are at least in 2 columns each s I should be good in getting all of the above :cool:

Things of concern: 3U maths might be a bit much but I think I'll cope (I'm in the 7th maths class, getting Credits and Passes with Merits), also I don't think I love French enough to go extension but you never know and I'm pretty good at it. I think my best science would be chem but I don't love the idea of Prac. tests :uhoh:. Also I've never done Economics but it seems to be interesting.
Try out math ext anyways. Chemistry is interesting and I was looking at the year 11 students walking out of the wet labs and they just received their new lab coats. LOL. I suppose for me that is something to look forward to. Good luck.

occer

HSC
N/A
What are you planning to do at uni?
Not sure right now but possibly something involving Media/Communications or maybe some kind of Law.

ancient history is a much better subject than modern though.. alot more interesting.

what school u at?
Sydney Grammar.

Ancient History looks like a snore-fest.

LOL, I went to a subject choices talk and they had food tech as an example of a subject which scales horribly...along with basket weaving.

pattherat111

HSC
These look alright?

Things of concern: 3U maths might be a bit much but I think I'll cope
Its not that 3U maths is hard its just quickly paced in terms of the work you cover in a lesson or whatever peroid of time. As long as your willing to put the work in its fine.

Also i probably wouldnt go with ancient (currently doing yr11) and its pretty dry, unless you manage to get a REALLY good teacher i would stick with modern

On the topic of Ext English, you should be able to cope its a little bit of work not alot really. However it does require a bit of outside research. I know at my school i needed to learn a few concepts and philosophical ideas but other than that its good.

Last edited:

occer

HSC
N/A
Yeah I'm not planning to do Ancient.

I hope 13 units will be an ok workload though.

IndianPrideBby

HSC
If you don't like having extra pressure, just pick the subject you'd like to do the most and drop it after year 12. Oh and btw, food tech isn't that much work anyway from what my friends tell me :)
i was told by my frends dat food tech waz realli hard <(bestie hu does foodtech as electiv this yr)
n realli fun?!?(<family frend hu chose food tech)
hu's advice is beta?

LOL, I went to a subject choices talk and they had food tech as an example of a subject which scales horribly...along with basket weaving.
i wanna do legal buh rents r lyk "nope, it has nufing 2 do wif tha subjects u r taking now" s0o dats out of tha game 4 meh...

dont diss food teck...wot iif i wanna bcome a dietition? or a nutritionist? 1 of my uni frend is doin iit n she sed its a gud subject...
--_____--

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I recommend all subjects in my sig other than Business Studies =)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i was told by my frends dat food tech waz realli hard <(bestie hu does foodtech as electiv this yr)
n realli fun?!?(<family frend="" hu="" chose="" food="" tech)="">
hu's advice is beta?

dont diss food teck...wot iif i wanna bcome a dietition? or a nutritionist? 1 of my uni frend is doin iit n she sed its a gud subject...
--_____--
</family><family frend="" hu="" chose="" food="" tech)=""> LOL, besides the cooking all my friends do is go into the computer labs and go on fb >.> But i guess the ease of a subject depends on the teacher and the student's aptitude. But yeah, food tech's scaling is quite appaling.

To be honest, food tech seems be a common sense subject that one can pick up easily (i did it in years 9 and 10).

Nevertheless, do it if you enjoy it :)
</family>

occer

HSC
N/A
Eng Ext. I seems much harder imo.

HSC
mathematics ext 1 >>> english ext 1

but then again it depends whether ur a maths or english person

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)